- Cognizant was founded by three American Indians.
- Cognizant was named as Dun & Bradstreet Satyam Software (DBSS) when it began.
- Cognizant is a multinational corporation that provides IT services, including digital, technology, consulting, and operations services.
- Cognizant serves three key industries: Digital Business, Digital Operations, and Digital Systems & Technology.
|FOUNDED||January 26, 1994|
|FOUNDER||Kumar Mahadeva, Lakshmi Narayanan, Francisco D’Souza|
|Current CEO||Francisco D’Souza|
|HEADQUARTERS||Teaneck, New Jersey, United States|
|OFFICE PRESENCE||India, UK, Hungary, The Netherlands, Spain, China, Philippines, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico etc.|
|EMPLOYEES||Over 261,400 employees(150,000 are in India)|
|REVENUE||US$14.81 billion (2017)|
|Clients||Cognizant serves Financial Services and Healthcare industries, Manufacturing, Retail & Logistics, Communications,
Information, Media & Entertainment and Technology industries. Some of its star clients include Adobe, Amazon, DELL, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Siemens…
|PRODUCTS||Analytics & Information Management, Business Process Services, Intelligent Products & Services, CRM, SCM, IoT,
Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Infrastructure Services, Quality Engg. & Assurance, Application Services, Enterprise
Risk & Security, Interactive Solns., HCM
- Cognizant began as Dun & Bradstreet Satyam Software (DBSS)
- In 1997, DBSS renamed itself to Cognizant Technology Solutions
- In September 2014, Cognizant struck its biggest deal, acquiring healthcare IT services provider TriZetto Corp for $2.7 billion.
- Became a Fortune 500 company in 2011.
- Cognizant was the first company to be listed on NASDAQ 100.
- In 2015, the Fortune magazine named it as the world’s fourth most admired IT services company.
- In 2017, Cognizant was named in Fortune’s Future 50 list.
- Cognizant is number one in Top 10 companies receiving H-1B visas to bring immigrant workers to the United States.
- Cognizant is among the largest recruiters of MBAs in the industry
- In October 2012, Newsweek magazine ranked Cognizant 50th among the 500 largest publicly traded companies in America,
in its annual Green Rankings.
- Fortune magazine’s “100 Fastest-Growing Companies” list for ten consecutive years from 2003 to 2012.
COGNIZANT RECENT NEWS:
- Cognizant acquired Belgium company Hedera Consulting in May 2018
- Cognizant Celebrates 20 Years as Nasdaq-Listed Company; Executives Ring Closing Bell
- Cognizant Ranked Among the Top Three Healthcare Information Technology Companies of 2018 in Healthcare Informatics 100
- Cognizant Recognized as Services Partner of the Year at Temenos’ Annual Partner Awards