Company Information: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- It is the largest provider of information technology in Asia and second largest provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services in India.
- TCS is a Member of TATA Group.
|WORLDWIDE OFFICE PRESENCE||Over 42 countries with more than 142 branches across the globe|
|EMPLOYEES||Over 2,02,039(2 Lacs 2 thousand and thirty-nine)|
|REVENUE||8.2 Billion Dollars (as of March 31, 2011)|
|SOFTWARE PRODUCTS||TCS Bancs, Digital Certification Products., Healthcare Management Systems|
|CLIENTS||Some of the popular clients are AVIVA, British Airways, Cisco, Electronic Arts, ING Group, Motorola, Microsoft, Philips Semiconductors, Sony|
TCS – HISTORY
- History it began as the “Tata Computer Centre”, for the company Tata Group whose main business was to provide computer services to other group companies.
- F C Kohli was the first general manager. J. R. D. Tata was the first chairman
- TCS’s first international order came from Burroughs, one of the first business computer manufacturers
- TCS bag its first onsite project – the Institutional Group & Information Company (IGIC)
- During 2005, TCS ventured into a new area for IT services – Bioinformatics
TCS – ACHIEVEMENTS
- TCS is “the second-largest employer” after Coal India Limited.
- It bagged the “country’s first software project”, the Inter-Branch Reconciliation System (IBRS) for the Central Bank of India.
- It is the “largest provider of information technology in Asia and second largest provider of BPO (business process outsourcing)” services in India
- In 1981, TCS set up “India’s first software research and development center”, the Tata Research Development and Design Centre (TRDDC) in Pune.
- TCS is the “76th Most Trusted Brand” according to The Brand Trust Report, 2011
- TCS has one of the “lowest attrition rates” in the Indian IT industry
- In 2008, the TCS developed a product called mKrishi; it won the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award in the Wireless category. (mKrishi is a service that would enable India’s farmers to receive useful data on an inexpensive mobile device)
TCS – RECENT NEWS
- TCS is planning to hire 50000 associates in 2012
- TCS has got a contract from “Credit Union Australia”
- (TCS) has received a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract to provide application support, maintenance and development services from US-based “Air Liquide”
You can also download the PDF Version from the link below
Download Now: TCS Company Details – PDF Format