What is a Convocation Degree Certificate?
VTU Degree Certificate or Convocation degree certificate is a certificate that certifies you that you have completed the Engineering, passing all the subjects, successfully. It is a proof that you are an engineer. You can hang your certificate, if you love, on the wall of your house or office to prove that you are an engineer.
When do you get Convocation Degree certificate?
If you have applied, you’ll get your Degree Certificate one year after the completion of engineering. Like, if you have completed the engineering in January 2000, then you’ll get your Degree certificate only after January 2001.
In fact, you receive the degree certificate during Convocation. Convocation is A formal ceremony at a college or university, as for the conferring of awards. Convocation usually happens on every Feb, mar, or April.
You have to ask your college or VTU about the Convocation dates so that you’ll know when you’ll receive your Degree certificate.
How to apply for Convocation Degree Certificate?
- In your college, you are prompted to apply for Degree certificate by your teachers in 6th or 7th semester.
- If you have missed the chance to apply for Degree certificate in your college or if you have lost the degree certificate, then you have to follow the below procedure to get it.
- Fill the Application form
- Make Online Payment
- Buy A4 size Envelope cover
- Buy A4 size Letter
Once you are ready with all the above things, Follow the below steps,
Step 1: Fill out the application form
- Download and Print the application form from here VTU Convocation Degree Certificate Application Form
Or Go to any Engineering college affiliated to VTU and ask for Convocation application form. They might charge an amount.
- Fill the application form and get Principal’s Signature of your college or signature of any gazetted officer.
Step 2: Make Online Payment
- Make a payment of Rs. 800 + search fee at https://www.payumoney.com/customer/users/paymentOptions/#
- Degree Certificate will cost you 800 rupees.
But if you are applying for Degree certificate one year after the completion of your engineering then make a payment of Rs. 900.
Similarly, if you are applying for Degree certificate 2 years after the completion of your engineering, then make a payment of Rs. 1000 rupees, And so on…. in this way 100 rupees is added every year as a penalty(AKA Search fee)
- Note down the Transaction ID/Payment ID at the end of your payment. You need to fill this Payment ID in the VTU Convocation Degree Certificate Application Form.
- And In case you lost your Degree Certificate, you can get a duplicate degree certificate by making a payment of Rs. 2000+(Rs. 200 x number of years since your completion of engineering)
- Check the latest fee at http://vtu.ac.in/online-fee-payment/
Step 3: Write a letter
Write a letter to Registrar requesting for Degree certificate. The letter must contain when is your year of passing engineering, your Name, USN, Phone number, Home address, college name, DD number.
Step 4: Envelope
- Put the Convocation Degree Certificate Application Form and the letter in the envelope.
- Write the below address on one side of the envelope
Visvesvaraya Technological University “Jnana Sangama”
Machhe Belgaum: 590 01
- Write Your Address on the other side of the envelope
Step 5: Submit
You can choose one of the below options to submit your documents.
Option 1: Submit at VTU Bangalore Regional center or any other VTU regional center nearest to you.
VTU Bangalore Regional Centre:
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Center Bangalore,
# 351, CA Site no 2, Karnataka Health & Family Welfare Housing co-operative society Extension, Annapoorneshwarinagar, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560079
Other VTU Regional centers: http://vtu.ac.in/about-us/regional-centers/
Option 2: Speed post it to VTU Belgaum through DTDC or Professional courier, or some other mailing service to the below-given address,
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018
You’ll receive your CDC in 15 to 20 working days.
Option 3: Visit VTU Belgaum before 12 PM along with your college ID, DL for photo identification, and submit personally, and receive your CDC on the same day in the evening.
If you plan to submit at VTU Belgaum then you don’t need to carry the xerox copy of marks, No need of anybody’s signature, No need of anybody’s attestation (Gazetted officer Attestation can be done in VTU), No need of the letter.
See how I got my Convocation Degree Certificate: How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure
Option 4: Submit to your college.
Here is a Sample Degree certificate that I took from a friend to post it here …