If you have lost any original marks card or Degree certificate due to fire or any other means, You have to follow the below procedure to obtain the duplicate certificate.
1.Make an Affidavit (Approx Rs 220)
2.Write a complain letter to police station and get it sealed by them.
3.Go to a police station
3. Make a DD for your required certificates.
4.Go to VTU belguam or just mail all the documents through your college to VTU.
5. Receive your duplicate certificate
1. Make an Affidavit (Approx Rs 220)
- Go to a Civil Court, or to a place where people sit with typewriters on the road. the typists usually can be found around registrar offices, driving licensing offices…
- Tell the typist that you have lost College certificate and you need Affidavit. He will ask you… where you have lost, when you have lost, how you have lost, USN number, Month & Year of passing, Course, Branch, college.
- Now, leave the rest to him. He will ask you to wait and starts typing something on Green colored 20 Rupees Bond paper regarding your loss of certificate.
- Once the typing is complete, you need to get the Bond paper signed and sealed by a lawyer which the typist will take care of getting signed and sealed by a lawyer.
- After all this, your Affidavit is ready and the typist will charge you around Rupees 200 for the service.
- Xerox your Affidavit
2. Write a complain letter to police station.
You can ask the typist to write a letter for you; for which he will charge some amount, or you can write a letter on your own.
3. Go to a police station.
- Go to a nearest police station from where you have lost your certificate.
- Tell them you have lost your certificate and need to apply for duplicate certificate from university. And show them the Affidavit and the complain letter.
- The police will take your xerox copy of Affidavit, and will sign/seal your complain letter.
- Don’t give the original Affidavit to the police.
- After all, Police might charge you between Rs 100 to 500.
If you have bribed, then report your bribe here: http://www.ipaidabribe.com/reportabribe?t=paid
4. Make a DD.
- You have to make a DD in the name of “Finance Officer, VTU, Belgaum”
- For lost marks card make a DD of rupees 150/- per marks card +50/- per academic year
For lost Duplicate degree Certificate make a DD of rupees 1400/- +100 per year
- You can make the DD from any reputed banks.
- If you plan to go to VTU Belgaum, you can make the DD there.
for latest fee structure, refer: http://www.vtu.ac.in/index.php/examination-fee.html
- Now put all the documents(DD, Complain letter, Affidavit) in to a A4 Size envelope cover.
- You can submit in your college.
- or You can submit going to VTU Belgaum.
I recommend to submit the documents at VTU Belguam and receive your duplicate certificates by 4:30Pm same day, otherwise you may have to wait forever.
Courtesy: V J Dilip(Visitor of this site), VTU, and Other Visitors of this site, Personal experience
You may also want to read this similar posts:
- How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure
- How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
- How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
- How to get Provisional Degree Certificate, Explained:
- How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
- Various VTU Fees:
- How to get Transcript(VTU,BE) – Explained:
- VTU BE Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
- My Visit to VTU – With Images
- What is extract of marks card(VTU)?