Advertisements

How to get VTU Duplicate Certificates of Lost VTU Certificates(Degree and Marks Cards):

If you have lost any original marks card or Degree certificate due to fire or any other means, You have to follow the below procedure to obtain the duplicate certificate.

1.Make an Affidavit (Approx Rs 220)

2.Write a complain letter to police station and get it sealed by them.

3.Go to a police station

3. Make a DD for your required certificates.

4.Go to VTU belguam or just mail all the documents through your college to VTU.

5. Receive your duplicate certificate

1. Make an Affidavit (Approx Rs 220)

• Go to a Civil Court, or to a place where people sit with typewriters on the road. the typists usually can be found around registrar offices, driving licensing offices…
  • Tell the typist that you have lost College certificate and you need Affidavit. He will ask you… where you have lost, when you have lost, how you have lost, USN number, Month & Year of passing, Course, Branch, college.
  • Now, leave the rest to him.  He will ask you to wait and starts typing something on Green colored 20 Rupees Bond paper regarding your loss of certificate.
  • Once the typing is complete, you need to get the Bond paper signed and sealed by a lawyer which the typist will take care of getting signed and sealed by a lawyer.
  • After all this, your Affidavit is ready and the typist will charge you around Rupees 200 for the service.
  • Xerox  your Affidavit

Reference: http://vtu.ac.in/examination-guidelines/

2. Write a complain letter to police station.

You can ask the typist to write a letter for you; for which he will charge some amount, or you can write a letter on your own.

3. Go to a police station.

• Go to a nearest police station from where you have lost your certificate.
  • Tell them you have lost your certificate and need to apply for duplicate certificate from university. And show them the Affidavit and the complain letter.
  • The police will take your xerox copy of Affidavit, and  will sign/seal your complain letter.
  • Don’t give the original Affidavit to the police.
  • After all, Police might charge you between Rs 100 to 500.

If you have bribed, then report your bribe here: http://www.ipaidabribe.com/reportabribe?t=paid

4. Make a DD.

• You have to make a DD in the name of  “Finance Officer, VTU, Belgaum”
  • For lost marks card make a DD of rupees 150/- per marks card +50/- per academic year

For lost Duplicate degree Certificate make a DD of rupees 1400/- +100 per year

• You can make the DD from any reputed banks.
  • If you plan to go to VTU Belgaum, you can make the DD  there.

for latest fee structure, refer: http://www.vtu.ac.in/index.php/examination-fee.html

5. Submit

• Now put all the documents(DD, Complain letter, Affidavit) in to a A4 Size envelope cover.
  • You can submit in your college.
  • or You can submit going to VTU Belgaum.

I recommend to submit the documents at VTU Belguam and receive your duplicate certificates by 4:30Pm  same day, otherwise you may have to wait forever.

Refer: How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure

Courtesy: V J Dilip(Visitor of this site), VTU, and Other Visitors  of this site, Personal experience

You may also want to read this similar posts:

1. How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure
  2. How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
  3. How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
  5. How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
  7. How to get Transcript(VTU,BE) – Explained:
  8. VTU BE Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
  10. What is extract of marks card(VTU)?
Advertisements

1. Jeby Jose
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 17:37:27

Hello,

I just visited VTU last week for my duplicate marks cards and degree certificate. It was quite straight forward process. I had my police ack and notarised affidavit.

Go to the exam section in VTU and apply for the same at the counter. There is an application for DMC. Fill out each semester’s marks cards date.
    There wwas one helpful official there who worked out the fees as the instructiosn are quite misleading.
    The fees is realy hefty if you passed out a while back. I had to pay Rs.7950 for all marks cards and certificate (passed in 2005). Be prepared with the money and draw a DD from the SBM opposite the VTU building.

Submitted the documents by 11:30 AM. I recieved all my marks cards and certificate on the same day at 5 PM. All in all, a pain free process at Belgaum except for the money you shell out.

Thanks again Suresh, your write up on visiting Belgaum was very helpful.

Apr 05, 2012 @ 17:44:30

Great Job Jeby,

Very much helpful.

I thank you.

• Chandan K s
        Jun 14, 2016 @ 11:16:21

Its very easy to get duplicate marks card if police complaint and affidavit is present with you.

Please make DD at VTU campus only. Bcoz fees/fine may vary for different type of work.

Also have some sufficient cash in pocket since there might be chance of ATM failure inside vtu campus. So you may need to go back to city which is approx5 to 6km for ATM.

• Chethan
      May 11, 2016 @ 20:09:53

Hi,
      I have lost my degree certificate and I am planning to go to Belgaum. Could you please forward me a soft copy of your affidavit, I am not sure what to write. I would be really grateful for that. Thanks

• Minu
      Dec 26, 2016 @ 16:21:54

Hi,

Thanks,
      Minu

2. Mathew
    Jun 13, 2012 @ 11:59:52

Hello Suresh,

I noticed in another post that you can get a consolidated marks card by sending the application via email.

I assume that is not possible for getting duplicate marks card. Is the only way to go direct to VTU?

Thanks!
    Mathew

Jun 22, 2012 @ 09:23:53

Hi Mathew,

Its impossible to send application through email. If it is, then I am surprised

• Jeby
      Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:12:53

Hi Mathew,

For duplicate marks cards and degree certificate you have to go VTU Belgaum with the required documents(police FIR, affidavit and copy of your marksheets if you have them). I have provide an account of my visit to VTU above.

The fees for each marks card depends on the year you passed a particular sem.
      eg. if 2nd sem in 2002; then (fees for each marks cards)*10
      3rd sem in 2002 ; then (fees for each marks cards)*10
      4th sem in 2003; then (fees for each marks cards)*9

and so on.

Regards,
      Jeby

3. raj
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 22:21:16

thus we need to submit orginal affidavit and police report or xerox of it also ok…??

4. Raghavendra
    Sep 23, 2012 @ 19:59:38

Hi…I scored 59.88% ( from 5th – 8th sem result) in BE… Whether this will be considered as first class / second class by VTU…..

5. Lenora Priya Bennis
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 17:50:18

Hey,

I passed out of dayanand sagar, bangalore in 2011, and i havent received my degree certificate till date. It was to come to my house in mangalore, but i wasnt there – so i havent really signed for it or received it personally.

I have a couple of questions now
    1. Should i go and claim a duplicate, or will they have my original because i didnt really claim it.
    2. I have all my marks cards, all i will need is my degree certificate, could you tell me what my procedure would be, and how long would it possibly take.
    3. Can i apply for it at the VTU campus in bangalore for the same. And how different a process would it be if i do so, and how long would that take?

looking forward to a quick reply, as it is important i receive my certificate for immediate requirements.

Thanks,

Priya.

Oct 26, 2012 @ 14:14:45

1. They may have the original so its okay to go and check in the VTU
      2. Better go to VTU
      3. You can apply from college or VTU campus(regional office), but if you think you have applied already then better find where is your degree certificate starting from your college. Going to VTU will be easiest and quickest.

6. renjithregi
    Oct 28, 2012 @ 14:29:53

hi Mr.Suresh
    I lost my 1st to 5th marks cards in college while attending campus placements in the college premises. I have already got an affidavit ready and police acknowlegement. Can I got the regional office in bangalore and submit it? and how long will it take approximately? kindly help me out.

7. renjithregi
    Oct 28, 2012 @ 14:32:09

please also let me know whom i should address the d.d to..

8. Din
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 15:11:47

I dont have my college ID or any other photo identity (except PAN card)
    Even SSLC marks card is lost.

But have PUC marks card, FIR, Affidavit, xerox copies of each sem (I’ve lost – sem8 + degree1 = total9 certificates)
    Are these documents enough.

Is letter from college principal necessary?

9. vinayak
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 12:01:55

hi there, i applied for pdc from college, all my friends got their pdc certificate but i dint get it.. again with principal signature i sent a letter through college for my pdc certificate to VTU belgaum..but not received any acknowledgment from vtu belgaum.. Again i applied PDC from VTU bangalore region, but they told your pdc with number 20711 has already sent to college… But college has not yet received my PDC.. pls tell me whom to contact now.. worried..

10. Abhi
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 18:20:12

i am 2009 passout from chitradurga but am not cleared diploma m1 can i attend exam for that now and can i take exam in any belgaum college

11. Rashmi
    Apr 16, 2013 @ 22:04:01

Hi,
    In order to apply for a lost marks card, do i need to go through the college i studied or is it enough if i have the affidavit and acknowledgement of the complaint lodged.

Apr 18, 2013 @ 02:54:05

Hi Rashmi,

There is no need for you to go to your college. Yes, it’s enough if you have the affidavit and acknowledgement of the complaint lodged.

• Maryam
        Jun 16, 2013 @ 12:50:24

Well my brother in law completed his engineering in the yr 1974 , he has his degree certificate but unfortunately dint give much importance to marks cards when he lost them. He is abroad , and wishes to get duplicate marks cards. In such a case, can anyone apply and collect his marks card on his behalf ??

Thanks
        Maryam

Aug 27, 2013 @ 05:01:00

Hi Maryam,

His presence is needed. Why don’t you carry all the documents you have of your brother in law and try going to the University and look for solution.

Chances are you may get it. Please do it.

• Sush
        Jan 10, 2014 @ 13:29:49

thanks for the write up indeed helpful .. i ve lost my 1st n 2nd semesters marks card and looking at applying for the duplicates.
        I spoke to my College and they said I would need Prinicapals signature on the affidavit and the Police Complaint ..
        I am planning to go to VTU directly so could you help me understand
        1.what i would need from my college ?

Jan 11, 2014 @ 05:07:15

Hi Sush,

I am not sure what you would need. I assume you may need application form and a signature on the affidavit and police complaint letter.

This is what VTU says in its website…

There is provision of issue of duplicate marks cards in cases where the marks cards are lost or mutilated.
          For applying for Duplicate Marks card, an affidavit on Rs.20 stamp paper giving details, such as, USN, Month & Year of passing, Course, Branch, college and how the original marks cards were lost along with a fee of Rs.150/- plus Rs. 50/- per year thereafter payable in the form of a DD drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, VTU Belgaum.
          The candidate has to lodge a complaint to local police station of the area where it was lost and submit the original copy of acknowledgement of complaint along with the above affidavit.
          The candidates who are in need of the same shall forward their applications along with the relevant documents through the office of the Principal, to the office of the Registrar (Evaluation).

12. ssss
    Jun 13, 2013 @ 06:41:10

hi i was graduated in july 2012 but i didnt receive my original degree certificate ……tell me what tot do?

13. saraha
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 17:37:17

is it marks card is sealed as duplicate on it. and how much costs for only 8th sem marks card and is it ok if i deal with regional office bangalore

14. shri
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 19:20:07

Hi,
    I wish to know that, in order to get duplicate degree certificate can i visit the nearest VTU regional centre in Bangalore or will i have to go to Belgaum in person to obtain it?

If it is possible to obtain the certificate via the VTU regional centre in Bangalore what is the procedure that is to be followed and what are the required documents to be submitted to obtain the duplicate degree certificate. I actually lost it somehow.

Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

15. Shashank
    Jul 21, 2013 @ 11:08:42

Hello! I am Shashank and a 2013 pass out batch. My 4th sem marks card of a back subject is mutilated when it was being laminated( since the past two years some marks card from vtu are not laminated when you receive them) due to to the heat of the lamination machine. I showed it to my HOD and he said to get a consolidated marks card and then everything will be okay which I did. I have no more backs now and just have to apply for pdc, but da problem is I still have an uneasy feeling about this marks card, when applying for job I suspect the employer will reject seeing the marks card, even though it is mutilated all the details are visible properly. Will getting a pdc clear any doubts to the employer?(even govt and public sector jobs). Please help.

16. Shankar
    Aug 03, 2013 @ 19:55:40

I am a 2011 passout and I have to get my 8th sem marks card. I studied in SJBIT and if you already know about that college then you would know that they are money grabbing jerks. They collected 10k apart from the usual college fees as training for placement and now they want 5k because I got placed(This is all extra after paying the college fees).

1.My query is will it work if I just courier all the documents to VTU,Belgaum?
    2. Will VTU contact my college in anyway as I dont want that to happen?
    3. Apart from all the document costs, will VTU charge anything there if I wish to go personally?

Sorry to bore you with a such a long query and thanks for sharing the info 🙂

Regards,
    Shankar

Aug 27, 2013 @ 04:18:48

Hi Shankar,

First of all congratulations for getting placed. i didn’t get your question. Do you mean you want to expose the injustice done by your college to VTU?

And I am sorry that you are going through such experience.

• Shankar
        Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:50:26

I just want to get my 8th sem marks card back, which right now is with the college.(original or duplicate doesn’t matter). I dont want to expose the injustice of that pathetic college or anything. I’m beyond all that now. So will going to VTU help?

• Jeby Jose
      Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:35:22

Hi Shankar,

Not sure if your question is regarding obtaining duplicates of your lost certificates or just getting your 8th sem marks card? If you go there, ensure you have copies of the lost certificates. General note – take good number of copies of every document you get because it makes the process of getting duplicates also easier in case of any eventuality.
      In my opinion, its always best to go to Belagaum. I have posted my experience of visting VTU last year, please go through that if you are planning on visting VTU.
      Regards,
      Jeby

• Shankar
        Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:53:12

Hi Jeby,

I haven’t yet taken my 8th sem marks card from my college, as they are charging a bomb for it. My question was that I want my 8th sem marks card(original or duplicate doesn’t matter to me. So will going to VTU help me?.

As per your post I dont have copies of my marks card as I dont have the orignal marks card itself.

17. Arun
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 09:17:53

Hi,
    I dont no where to post this question, If this is wrong place then am sorry..

My result has been withheld (Announced to be later), How to get this result soon?
    I have completed my engineering, thus us the last subject, so I want to know the result soon and can apply for jobs..

Please guide me..

18. manjunath
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:21:29

Hey,

Just wanted to know if I would get my 8 th sem original marks card even though I have lateral subject like M1 back?? I need to submit original marks card to work so is there any provision to obtain it??

19. Jitz
    Sep 17, 2013 @ 09:08:32

I am a 2013 pass out…
    Shankar i have the same problem…what did you do???i want to get my 8th sem marks card without paying placement fee for a company offer i rejected!!!Idont want to pay college anymore…will vtu inform the coll if i ask for a duplicate marks card of 8th sem cuz i dont want coll to know?
    Jeby and Suresh hope you got the query…help!!!

20. Atchuth
    Dec 26, 2013 @ 20:09:43

I have lost my B.E. certificates. I am planning to apply to VTU requesting them to provide new certificates. Can you please tell me if VTU would mention as Duplicate / Copy on the new certificates which they would issue to me. Thanks..

21. varun mishra
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 19:03:00

Hello Suresh,

This question is regarding the duplicate certificates of lost VTU certificates.My first question is
    1.Is it possible to mail them all the documents via post ,instead of going in person to VTU.
    2.Is the duplicate marks card same as the original marks card.

22. dpnrai
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 18:22:03

hey…i need to know…what should i fill in the application.if i have lost my backpaper marks card,i meant in sem column as i the 1st attempt markscard.please suggest me..as soon as possible..and yeah what month is right to go vtu..is vtu open all the year?

23. viju
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 20:24:24

hyy guys.. i lost my first sem marks card.. since i did a change of branch in 2nd year , my USN also got changed…. so when i apply for duplicate markscard which USN should i write…? the present one or the USN of first sem?? pls help….

• Revanth
      Oct 04, 2016 @ 23:06:38

Dude right now am in 5 sem cse ..I had lost my second sem marks card …could u plz tell how can I apply for new one

24. sneha
    Jul 27, 2014 @ 07:46:38

hi,
    i am sneha 2013 passed out from alpha college of engineering. i havent recieved my original degree certificate which is supposed to come from post to home.
    i gone through the procedure for lost degree certificate but it never reached my hand at all so please suggest me what should i do will they have a copy of it to give me by paying some amount of fine or should i follow the procedure of affidavit?

and also i have a doubt that if the postman has given to wrong address and those people have missed it then what should i do? this had happened with one of my friend.

thanks,
    Sneha

25. Sri
    Aug 02, 2014 @ 05:27:41

Hi All,

I am 2005 passout and I recently lost my 8th sem marks card. Since I’m in abroad, I have following queries:
    1. Can my parents apply it on my behalf?
    2. What is the DD amount I have to take for 1 marks card?
    3. If my college sends all the necessary documents on my behalf to VTU Belgaum then how many days will it take to get the duplicate marks card?
    Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sri

26. Vahni
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 11:59:03

Hi,
    i am 2014 passout and I have laminated all 7 semisters marks cards since i thought it would keep my documents safe . recently one of my frnds told we are not suppose to laminate it which would lead to lot of enquiries during original document submission in the future. IS IT TRUE?anbody plz tel me what can i do now??

27. Varun
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 01:26:19

I just came across your blog.
    It’s very helpful to understand the process i must say.
    I went through all the comments in this section.
    I have one query.
    I am passed student of 2009 batch and applied for my degree certificate during my last year in college . But i never received my degree till date. I was abroad for previous years. Now i am back and willing to collect my degree certificate. Can i go to Belgaum and collect it, is there a chance they may still have it?
    If not do i need to follow your steps for lost certificate?
    I checked with my college and they told me to contact Vtu Belgaum.
    Before going to Belgaum is there a way i can know if Vtu is still keeping my degree?
    I will try contacting them over the phone.
    But not sure if they ll be able to provide any info since is a complicated situation and alot of time has passed.

Thanks in advance.

28. Sam Mistry
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 02:11:51

Hi Mr.Suresh. i have a query regarding to get my marks cards either from vtu or college. well i have not finished my college and suddenly i had to move to united states . i need my remained marksheets left in college and college people are refusing to give marks cards until i come and collect. This is such a brainless concept that i have to spend 1 lakh rupees + time to come to india to collect my marks cards. so i need strong advise regarding it that is it possible or legal that if i write an Authorization letter to college or vtu and can get my marks cards? and same for Transcripts ? Thank you

29. Rishabh
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 01:16:16

I am 2007 passout and sadly lost some of my semester marks cards during relocation. The lost marks cards include my back clearance marks cards and semester marks cards.

Now i am heading to a foreign university for MBA and they have asked for individual semester marks cards. Can i follow the procedure listed by you here and get individual consolidated marks cards for each semester ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

30. Gaurav
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 13:24:29

Hello Suresh,

I am a 2011 pass out. Unfortunately I lost my 8th semester marks card. I have all the other semester marks cards and also the final degree completion certificate.

How would I go about getting the duplicate marks card for 8th semester?
    Could you also please confirm if the marks card would mention if it is a duplicate copy.
    Would a duplicate marks card cause any problems in the future?

Your insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

31. Vignesh
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 10:57:03

Thank you for posting, I have a problem, I need to apply for a consolidated marks card, but have lost marks cards which are the ones I got after clearing the backlogs, for example I had a backlog in 2nd sem, civil, in 3rd sem I cleared it and got a marks card just for that single subject, and I lost this marks card. So should I apply for a duplicate n then apply for consolidation. Please reply asap

32. guna
    Mar 09, 2015 @ 16:21:02

Hello sir,
    I am 2012 B E passed out.2014 M tech passed out.
    I have lost B E degree certificate,B E 8th sem markscard,M tech 1st,2nd &3rd semester marks cards.
    can you tell me how much it costs for 4 markscards in total?
    and do they put duplicate or something on the markscards?or it will be same as original markscards?

pls do reply,thank you.

33. Nagesh S
    Mar 26, 2015 @ 19:03:15

I am 2002 BE passpot and i have lost the entire 8 sem mark sheet, and hence i am planning to go to VTU this Saturday. Sadly, i learnt today that, SBM opp to VTU is off this weekend (28-Mar) but however the VTU is open, so i have to take the DD outright before i travel to VTU. Can somebody confirm, if my understanding of the charges are correct.

Year of start: 1998
    Year of Completion: 2002

A) Per year charges for the mark sheet
    1 – Mar 1999 16 * 50 = 800

B) Charges per marksheet
    No. of markscard * charges
    8 * 150 = 1200

Total A + B = 7000

34. emm i vrong
    Apr 09, 2015 @ 09:08:57

hi sir,i lost all my marks card of all 8 sems,..can u please tell me how much will be the expenditure?

35. Vinod
    Jun 02, 2015 @ 14:14:25

Hello, Thank you for a very informative blog post. I have one question though. Will the marks card obtained be consolidated (in case candidate has made multiple attempts to clear a particular paper?)

36. Sourav Kundu
    Aug 15, 2015 @ 14:00:07

Great effort in getting all this crucial info in lucid way at one place.

37. Mohammad Wasim
    Sep 15, 2015 @ 13:56:37

Dear Suresh,

Thank you for helping all. You are doing a great service.

I also need some help from you regarding my duplicate certificate.

I lost my original certificate in May 2010. I went to police station took the FIR that was on 24 May 2010, then I went to the university and issued a duplicate certificate. On the Duplicate certificate the date is 7 January 2010 which is 5 months prior date. I asked the certificate issuer that why it has a wrong date.
    He said this is the format of VTU there is nothing wrong with it.

Now after 5 years, I am in Saudi Arabia. I need to do Saudi Embassy attestation for my certificate. The saudi embassy is asking for FiR. So I am worried that the Certificate has a prior date than the FiR’s date.

I am not sure what to do.

Waseem

38. Nikhil R V
    Sep 27, 2015 @ 17:38:21

Hey Suresh and all VTU patrons.
    I cleared my first semester in dec-Jan 2007 2008.
    My confusion is about the fees to get a duplicate for that.
    It’s confusing.
    Do I have to pay Rs150+(50*8)= RS550.
    Am I right?
    I also want to know if I can send the application by post with all relevant documents and if yes, to what address..
    Looking forward for the reply with the info.
    Thanks in advance.
    Peace.

39. Madan
    Oct 12, 2015 @ 10:27:26

I am a 2012 pass out , i lost al the 8 semesters marks card, is FIR a must or a letter from police station in enough and what is the fees i have to pay to get al the 8 semesters marks card…its quiet confusing pls help me out

40. Gururaj
    Dec 10, 2015 @ 05:50:23

Thank you so much for the very clear steps mentioned to follow to apply for the duplicate mark cards. I followed the same steps & got my duplicate mark cards but with a bitter experience at VTU, Belgaum. I certainly don’t want to discourage others who want to apply for their duplicate mark cards but to caution them while dealing with the bossy natured faculty at VTU.

I am a Software Professional in the industry for last 10 years & currently in abroad since last 6 years. I came to India recently just to get my duplicate mark sheets as I lost my originals. I got the affidavit done, FIR lodged & DD taken (Rs 9700 for 8 sems mark sheets, degree certificate, 2 transcripts), filled the application forms & submitted to one of the clerks at VTU (2nd floor, exam section). The clerk was very helpful in guiding me through & I submitted all of the required documents & DDs at around 12pm & I was asked to come at 4pm to collect the mark sheets on same day Monday (30/11/2015). Since I had to attend a family function that day I requested him to hold my mark sheets till Wednesday (02/12/2015). The clerk agreed to it & I left.

I came back on wednesday & asked for my mark sheets to one of the other clerks there as the clerk who served me earlier was on leave. Clerk asked me for the day when I submitted my documents to which I answered Monday (30/11). He took no time or bothered to check & bluntly informed me that the mark sheets have been sent to the college through post. I politely told him that I had requested to hold on to my mark sheets & will be back today to collect the same. PLEASE NOTICE that if someone counters any clerks here they have a habit of taking the people to their bosses sitting in the adjacent cabins. I have noticed 2 such instances on Monday when I was here to submit the request. This clerk did the same & took me to a GENTLEMAN called Dr. Ravindra Malagi. I was asked to explain what’s the matter. I politely explained him the situation addressing him as SIR. He started with the same blunt answer saying the VTU policy is to send the mark sheets to the colleges if not collected by the candidate on the same day of request. I politely asked of why the clerk accepted my request to keep the mark sheets with him. I’ll be trouble as I have to catch my flight next day. This didn’t go well with Dr. Malagi as they don’t like the students/ex-students asking them the questions. Dr. Malagi literally says “OK, you keep shouting… I can’t help”. I still kept my cool & said that “Sir, you cannot use such words(shout) as I am politely & respectfully explaining you the situation”. When he continued with the same tone, that is when I had to say that “Mr, you are shouting as well… Please give respect as I am an alumni of this university & in a very good post as you are in.” I also said that “I have seen this bossy nature from the Day 1 here as the freshers or just passed out students cannot even question you. Do you think it’s a Government office?”.

Dr. Malagi asked me to get out & my only answer was I didn’t come inside on my own. It was your clerk who took me inside your cabin instead of clarifying it himself.

After all this drama, clerk asked me to wait outside for 10 minutes & he will check if the mark sheets are still there with them. He calls me back in 3 minutes (only task done so quick) & gives me my duplicate marksheets. With all humility I asked clerk that “should you have done this before, this drama wouldn’t have happened”. Dr. Malagi in an embarassed tone asks the clerk to “give him the marksheets & don’t talk anything”.

I paid hefty amount to get my mark sheets & on top of it I had to face this humiliation.

Only suggestion to the people working especially in educational institutions must understand that Human relation is the most important & he basic thing they need to learn as these are the institutions which builds the future architects of the world. Bossism, ego can’t be tolerated by the current younger generation. They will keep questioning!!!

41. Raghunandan Prasad
    Feb 24, 2016 @ 20:57:27

Dear Suresh,

I have lost my bachelors degree and have begun the process of obtaining a new one as per the instructions on this page.
    I have got the original police complaint letter signed and sealed by the local police authorities.
    Is this enough or will I need to produce a separate acknowledgement slip at the vtu office??

Your quick response will be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards
    Raghunandan S Prasad

42. Praveen
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 11:16:45

I have cleared my bachelors in 2013 without any backlogs(regular subjects), but i passed my dipmat301 in 2015, in my degree certificate what will b the year of passing.

43. Harshitha P. S
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 08:49:25

I have lost my 2nd sem marks card. 2nd sem was completed in 2013. So, what amount I have to pay as DD??

• Gururaj
      May 17, 2016 @ 19:33:24

150+(50*3)=Rs. 300
      But, better go to their office in VTU and ask for exact amount. There’s an SBI bank in the campus from where you can take a DD

44. Vishal bk
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 20:54:36

Hello sir in engineering i have not cleared my DSP subject in 5th sem because i dont have average in internals though i will get 35 to 38marks in externals its of no use because of no internals i have cleared all my other semester subject excpet DSP and im really fed up sir i have lost hope so can please twll me.wat can i do ?i cant write any more exams on DSP its done now .

45. Salam
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 13:33:01

Hi pals,
    Good day!

I am 2015 batch passout VTU student. I haven’t received my degree certificate yet. Recently i cleared some govt.exam and i have my interview scheduled in May.
    I need to carry atleast PDC for interview. The issue is ,I joined M.tech in 2015 and I have submitted PDC to college.They are refusing to give back my PDC till my course in finished. So my question is,
    1. Should I apply for duplicate PDC?
    2. Can I get my degree certificate as its almost an year since I finished graduation
    3. What is the procedure to get ORIGINAL degree certificate(not duplicate)?
    Please suggest me with this. I really need it for my job.

46. Uma
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 20:06:03

Hi.. my name is uma I completed my be in 2009 I lost my sem marks card . I’m confused to take dd … fee is lik 150+50 / academic year I visited vtu in blore … They gave vtu belgaum no to contact. .. so pls say hw much amt to take d dd… since I can’t go to belgaum … I wud lik to send in corrier…

• Gururaj
      May 17, 2016 @ 19:40:47

I would suggest going to VTU in person. The office faculty there are very careless as I’m not sure how many days they might take or might misplace the documents. Go there in person and check for exact amount (ideally it should be 150+(2016- year of sem)*50)=approx 500+ per marksheet). There is an SBI bank in campus for taking the DD

47. yaseen
    Jun 25, 2016 @ 05:23:08

Hello sir..great work…
    I have a query…
    I am 2016 pass out I have lost my 4th sem marks card…how much dd should i make….?
    If I apply via college how long will college take to get me my marks card…?

48. Sachin
    Jun 30, 2016 @ 19:17:33

I have lost my 1st sem original marks card.
    can I take affidavit from anywhere in Karnataka
    because I am from bidar here getting affidavit is easy as known police and lawyers r here.
    as I have completed my engg in Bangalore.
    so please tell me..

49. krishnassgsk
    Jul 05, 2016 @ 22:59:52

Does any one reply soon that is FIR or compulsory or sign and seal by local authorities is enough to get the lost convocation certificate.

50. Shazia
    Aug 07, 2016 @ 22:51:41

Hi!
    Does this apply to autonomous colleges affiliated to VTU? Please help.
    I lost my grade cards.

51. Rakesh
    Aug 12, 2016 @ 12:30:11

Hi,
    I applied for duplicate marks card on last month July 13th through Post but I still didn’t got any reply from them ..
    I have sent all the required documents ( police complaint , affidavit ,DD )
    Can any one tell what to do next ….

52. raksha
    Aug 24, 2016 @ 18:27:05

hello
    I am a 7th sem student and I have lost my 1st sem marks card as I had house change.
    I have few questions to ask.
    is 1st sem marks card needed?
    and is their any other way to get my markscard without an fir?

Liked by 1 person

53. sameer
    Oct 18, 2016 @ 12:47:27

My BE degree certificate has damaged(NOT LOST). I need to apply duplicate one..!what are the procedures…??

54. Sameer
    Oct 19, 2016 @ 23:09:21

How to get duplicate degree certificate of damaged certificate (not lost)?

55. Minu
    Dec 26, 2016 @ 16:24:05

Hi,

I have lost my degree certificate and I am planning to go to Belgaum. Can anyone please forward me a soft copy of your affidavit, I am not sure what to write. I would be really grateful for that.

Thanks,
    Minu

56. Divya
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 15:45:33

Hi i have applied for duplicate marks card and it is rejected due to shorted of money , can any of my friends make dd in favor of finance officer belgavi for me or only i have to make dd.

• Minu
      Feb 01, 2017 @ 16:03:34

Hi Divya,

Can you please send(minuchy1406@gmail.com) me the soft copy of your affidavit, I am not sure what to write. I would be really grateful for that.

Thanks,
      Minu

57. Krish
    Feb 10, 2017 @ 18:30:42

HI.

I’m a 2016 graduate and as such require my PDC to join Infosys. Unfortunately, VTU is no longer issuing PDC’s according to their latest circular. Will duplicate PDC work? The option is still available on their online payment portal so if I pay for a duplicate PDC online, will they send it by post?