Advertisements

How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure

In order to get documents quick and easy or in case you are confused and lost, it’s better to go to VTU, Belgaum.  You can get any documents just in 8 hours. You just have to spend one entire day at VTU, Belgaum. But, sometimes, in rare cases, it could be necessary to spend 2 days in VTU, Belgaum.

You can go to Belgaum by Bus or by train. It takes 8 to 10 hours to reach Belgaum from Bangalore – I am not aware from other places. Once you get down at VTU, it takes  30 minutes to 1 hour to reach VTU office depending upon traffic. Usually there is no traffic in Belgaum.

Auto is the best to reach VTU office, but while coming back to Belgaum Railway station or bus station, taking local bus is better.  Why? Because you may not find autos when you have to go back to the station

You may follow these steps given below to plan your journey to VTU. And I am sorry about the quality of the pictures in this post.

Step 1: Booking ticket to Belgaum:

By railways:

First check whether you can get railway tickets to Belgaum from this site:

http://www.cleartrip.com/trains,  https://www.irctc.co.in/

It is always good to book tickets 15-20 days early to go by train. Book tickets such that you reach VTU office before 9 AM in the morning. Train ticket has to cost Rs. 250 or more for a single person.

By bus:

If you are planning for Bus, check whether you get ticket from this site:

It’s good to book tickets 2 or 3 days earlier to go by bus. Book tickets such that you reach VTU office before 9 AM in the morning. A bus ticket has to cost more than 450 rupees depending upon the kind of luxurious bus you choose. See this link, http://www.ksrtc.in/site/bus-services, to know kinds of buses that go to Belgaum:

Step 2: What must be carried to VTU Belgaum?

A college bag, Original BE Marks cards/Xerox copy of marks card, SSLC Marks card, Driving license or College ID, Stapler, gum, Passport and stamp size Photos, Pen.

Step 3:  From Railway station/Bus station to the VTU Office.

By auto:

Once you reach Belgaum Bus station or railway station, it’s better to hire an Auto rather than a Bus to go to VTU.  Ask the auto driver to go to VTU Office, GnanaSangama. Don’t pay more than Rs. 70 to Rs. 100 to the Auto driver to go to VTU office. And Make sure you submit your documents before 12 PM, Or else they will ask you to come tomorrow. It takes around 15 to 30 minutes to reach VTU office.

By Bus:

I don’t recommend Bus because you’ll get late and you don’t understand where you are heading; but in Auto you can communicate with the auto driver for any information.

Step 4: At the VTU Office.

VTU is very huge, Very clean and very few people walk in the campus.

Huge VTU Campus

VTU Entrance

VTU Entrance,  This picture is Courtesy of  flickr.com

Auto Driver will drop you inside the VTU campus. Wherever he drops you inside the campus, first ask or look for State Bank of Mysore. Once you see the SBM, walk towards the building opposite to the SBM: It is THE VTU registrar office building.  You have to go to the floor where registrar office is situated. I think registrar office is in the 2nd or 3rd floor as far as I remember.

State bank of Mysore opposite to Registrar Building

State bank of Mysore opposite to Registrar Building; Note: You can make DD from this Bank

Way to Registrar Examination Building on the 3rd floor. Front of SBM

Way to Registrar Examination Building on the 3rd floor. In Front of SBM

Remember, you don’t meet The Registrar; you meet the Receptionist in the registrar office. The receptionist is responsible collect your application or any other details, and she or he is also responsible to distribute the documents.

Most interesting is, all kind of  application forms for PDC, CMC, Transcript are readily available at the VTU Registrar office in bulk just like deposit forms in the bank. So you don’t have to carry any application forms to VTU, Belgaum.

Outside Registrar office

Outside Registrar office submitted application at 11Am and waiting to collect Documents at 4Pm-5Pm

Opposite to Registrar Office Room

Opposite to Registrar Office Room

Also remember, Sometimes you are asked to get your Marks cards/application form attested before applying for any documents. You can get them attested from the VTU campus itself.  The receptionist will tell you where to get attested; you just have to go to where she/he tells you to go and get attested.

Gazzeted officer Attestation is done here

Gazzeted officer Attestation is done here

Step 5: After Submission

After submitting your documents, receptionist will ask you to come back at 5 Pm in the evening.  Until then you can stay in the VTU campus or look for a Hotel to sleep. I recommend staying in the campus until 5Pm.

There is a canteen and some shops, like ,bakery, general stores Next to the SBM; so you can eat whenever you want-Canteen charges less on food.

Bathrooms are available that are neat and clean.

Canteen(Next to SBM Bank)

VTU Canteen(Next to SBM Bank)

Step 6: at 5Pm

At this time you’ll face a rush of students to collect their documents. The receptionist will call out the names asking to take the documents. Be ready with Photo ID proof to show it to the receptionist.

Received Documents

Received my Documents the same day at 4-5PM

Once you receive the documents, go to the State Bank of Mysore; because the bus stop is in front of the SBM. Take bus that goes to railways station or Bus station. Usually all the buses go to railway and Bus station.

However, if you find Auto, you can hire, but don’t pay more that Rs. 70 to 100.

========================================

Alternate option to get your Transcript(s) quick, easy and on time, click here to know how…

========================================

You may also want to read this similar posts:

1. Alernative Way to Get Your University Transcripts When Everything Else Fails
  2. How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
  3. How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
  5. How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
  7. How to get Transcript(VTU,BE) – Explained:
  8. VTU BE Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
  10. What is extract of marks card(VTU)?
Advertisements

1. deeksha
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:34:19

hi dear …..
    i need some help actually can u find me an application for pgcet 2012-13 (for mtech at vtu) and even the last date for applying it?

Apr 05, 2012 @ 17:12:01

Hi Deeksha,

Application for Pgcet???

Do you still need it now? Should I inquire and tell you?

• guruprasad
        Apr 27, 2013 @ 00:48:26

hi i completed my 8 Th semester in 2012 but i had one back log which i cleared in challenge revaluation now, i did not apply for convocation, i want my graduation asap what is the best procedure to follow and how much time will it take. please reply thank u

2. Stephan
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 14:41:51

What is the procedure for name correction in marks card.. Do we need to carry any form from college?

3. Stephan
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 16:59:31

How to apply for name correction in marks card? My parents name is not printed.. Should we take any form from college?

4. suma
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 12:04:41

hey i want both single and individual consolidatin marks card so can i take single DD for this?and can i go on saturday too?

5. nanditha
    Sep 19, 2012 @ 17:34:42

hi am Nanditha
    i need a help .I got my provisional certificate for MBA when i calculate my final marks am getting first class but in my provisional certificate it has come second class . i actually wanted to know weather my first attempt marks will be considered or final marks (i have cleared 3 subjects in second attempt )

6. Madhu
    Sep 25, 2012 @ 14:24:01

Dear Suresh,

Thank you so much for your crystal clear step-by-step procedure for procuring duplicate marks card! It helped me immensely and I got my marks card in 6 hours having traveled all the way from Bangalore.

Hail your benevolent gesture!

Warm Regards
    Madhu

7. bhavijain
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 17:07:06

Thanks a lot for this needed information.

8. anonymous
    Feb 25, 2013 @ 15:09:07

If I want to leave a vtu affliated college after the second sem, to pay three years worth fees and do so or will they hand over the tc without any hassle?

9. JJ
    May 02, 2013 @ 11:32:53

Hi.

Do you know if we can get Transcript for MCA in 8hrs?

10. Sneha
    May 03, 2013 @ 18:32:11

Website is very simple and very helpfull. Good job.
    A firm in Canada is requiring my mark sheet copies to be sent to them in an sealed envelop directly by VTU. OR ELSE I need to get all the photocopies attested by either the controller of examination or the registrar.

Which is easier process and how do I get it done ?

Looking for your help.

11. ramesh
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 12:18:50

Good job Suresh…this info is of immense use for ppl who have passed out long back like me and don’t have consolidated marks-card yet

12. Ashwin
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 13:03:20

Suresh,Can we get our photocopies attested in the vtu campus itself??As i am travelling from mumbai i just called them and they are like u have to get them attested from mumbai itself!!

Jul 02, 2013 @ 13:39:06

No no… You can get attested there in VTU campus. I got attested from VTU campus when I had been there for my documents. I don’t understand why they said like that.

Jul 02, 2013 @ 14:42:00

Hi Ashwin,

Yes, you can get attested at VTU Campus or outside the campus from some gazzeted officer, lawyer, or a doctor.

I got my attestation from VTU campus when I had been there for my documents. I don’t understand why they said like that.

13. Amiya
    Jul 17, 2013 @ 17:24:30

is vtu open on saturdays?

14. Jonas P
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 12:02:41

Hello Suresh,

I need a consolidated and transcript from vtu,the problem is I still haven’t taken the 8th sem markscard from college.its been 2 yrs since I passed out.Dont think the college ll give me now..;)
    Is it ok If i go directly to the VTU office to get my docs without the xerox of my certificates??
    or s der another way..??

15. Arun
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 16:22:46

Hi,
    My vtu result has been withheld, i have completed my engineering , and i need result soon to apply for jobs..so Please guide me..

I have to go to regional office or belgum to get the result soon?

16. ABDUL Malik Qazi
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 17:14:02

Hi suresh can u help me wt is procedure of mpc case in vtu university day after tomorrow my hiring is there in vtu belgaum can anybody help me

17. need_help
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 21:42:45

hi suresh,
    firstly i must thank you for taking time time to answer all the queries, its a great sigh of relief, as these questions are not answered satisfactorily even in the vtu regional offices,

my question :
    i was “absent” for a particular subject in the 6th semester ( due to some unavoidable reasons), i subsequently cleared the exam in the 7th semester.
    the problem:
    the 6th sem marks card has declared fail( since i was absent) , and i scored 448/900 ( including the internal marks of the failed subject.)
    but the other marks card that i got the failed subject says i have secured SC (487/900)…{ i had got 39/100 and 17/25}

vtu has not considered the marks of the absented subject (in the pdc that i had applied for), the consequence of which my aggregate is just following short of a FC, If they consider it i’ll get fc.

what do i do?

Aug 27, 2013 @ 03:57:44

Hi Kashi Fraza,

If you fail even only once in any subject then consider you are SC no matter whats your overall score is. The VTU will always consider you r first attempt score to declare class. So , you can’t do anything

18. maahin
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 16:20:58

hi suresh.i have lost my second sem marks card. in 2012.so i submitted court affidivit and fees to vtu office at belgaum..but one year .gone still i didnt get my marks card to my adress..now m again gng to bealgaum to enquiry about my marks card..i want to know wheather they will give marks card upto evening..i need it urgent..please reply

Aug 27, 2013 @ 03:32:25

Hi Maahin,

You are one of the rare cases who lost their marks card. I regret I don’t have solution.

You need to share you experience here so that others can benefit. If you are going to VTU, belguam, let is know what happened.

19. Akhtar Raza khan
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 09:47:30

What is the working hour of vtu belgaum office on saturday

20. S Mohanraj
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 12:22:00

Dear Mr Suresh
    I was happy to read your very helpful note. I want to obtain the following documents on behalf of my son who is in the US. 1. authorization to release transcripts, 2. transcripts and 3 degree programme completed with graduation date. He graduated in 2004 when the University spelt its name differently. We need authentication of this as well. I propose to be there from Hyderabad on 25 and 26. Can I finish all this work? Could you please mail your response to me personally? Thanks and god bless the likes of you

Mohanraj

21. Ram
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 08:37:51

What is the procedure to change name in marks card(8sem+1degree) , I need to get single DD for all marks card or Individual DD(9) for each marks card???? Plz help me ..

22. Hemanth
    Dec 27, 2013 @ 11:27:37

23. Hemanth
    Dec 27, 2013 @ 11:31:35

Do we need to carry original marks card for attesting purpose in vtu or just photocopies r enough for attesting ah?

24. Joel
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 20:40:46

Hi Suresh.
    Your blog is very informative.
    I finished my 7th sem BE, i have not recieved my 5th sem markscard. It is misplaced by my college/department! I saw the details for duplicate markscard in ur blog n want to know whether i have to go to belgaum or process the same through my college or by myself(by post)??
    Eagerly awaiting ur reply.

25. Robin
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 15:20:59

Hi,suresh.
    In my absence can my relative get my transcript.is there any formalities for that?.if so can u explain?what are the docs to be carried along with?.

26. NEETU GHOSH
    Aug 30, 2014 @ 20:53:08

what are the timing of vtu regional office(nagarbhavi) on saturday and other days.

27. Prashanth
    Oct 07, 2014 @ 18:22:30

Hi
    Great work
    Really helpful
    I just had a query
    Is it possible to get the certificate done on Saturday?

28. Sindhu
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 12:29:08

Great article. Thanks a lot. I have a question – Is going to VTU on a saturday to collect duplicate degree certificate a good option?

29. Abdul Azeez
    Dec 25, 2015 @ 22:56:47

My son Mohamed Basil has been completed Engineering degree during 2014
    Under VTU -belgaum . When i will get the degree certificate
    Please ADVICE

30. sandhya rani m
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 17:57:10

Hi .. Wat is the formality for name correction in BE marks card of all sem

31. Uma
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 18:38:05

Hi I hav lost all my semester marks card I don’t even hav a Xerox wat to do.
    Hw many days it ll take to get duplicate marks card

32. faiz
    May 02, 2016 @ 03:28:20

i wasnt to discontinue my studies i have completed 3 sems and dont wanna attend the examination for 4th sem, can i get back my orginal TC,pu and SSLC marks card drom the board or i have to clear all my sems for it..? plz help its urgent

33. AMAN
    Jun 11, 2016 @ 15:50:13

i want to make a duplicate original degree certificate can it be done within one day if have all the documents like FIR ,affidavit copy.

34. Sachin
    Jul 06, 2016 @ 16:47:13

HI Suresh,

I am going to VTU next week to collect my Degree Certificate do i need to get the HOD Signature from College n then go ? or can someone in VTU can sign that document?

35. Mohammed zaheer
    Jul 27, 2016 @ 01:16:13

Thank you so much …. I lost my marks card , & completely afraid for dat, after visiting this site, i knew how to get my duplicate marks card. It’s simple n easy to get duplicate marks card. It doesn’t mean that k u can lost your original marks cards. Always keep few Xerox copies of each marks card. What I did, hope you vl not do dat. And I lost only one marks card and am having remaining all semester marks cards, how it missed dnt knw .. n thk for da information. @suresh jonna.

36. manju
    Sep 30, 2016 @ 16:58:59

hi this is manjunath 4th sem civil from skit college n in subject 10cv045 I got 39marks n I applied for photocopy n revaluation n I checked in tat one question of 10marks not corrected n even in revaluation results also it came 39 only n due to this I got year back wt to do actually they gave marks for another question which I didn’t attained tat question n i need 45marks to pass tat subject n pls help me frnds

37. vivek
    Dec 19, 2016 @ 16:38:28

Hi, i want to change my name in vtu marks cards(6marks cards) could u give me a solution to change it??

38. SUNIL R
    Feb 12, 2017 @ 18:58:37

I want photocopy of my VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University,belgaum,karnataka) 6th semester microprocessor first attempt failed paper january 2010 to june 2010.subject code is 06EC62 .this is 2006 syllabus B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) scheme.this is a old first attempt failed paper.my USN is 1RE07EC081. my name is SUNIL.R .Iam a 2011 passout graduate of B.E.(Electronics and Communication) engineering under VTU at Reva Institute of Technology and Management,Bangalore.my 6th semester result is failed.my B.E. degree class obtained is second class.I applied for revaluation and I got the same unchanged marks in the microprocessors paper in revaluation results.I have cleared the subject paper in second attempt.
    so,please knowledge me the detailed procedure to apply and get the photocopy of my 6th semester microprocessors 6th semester first attempt failed paper january 2010 to june 2010.old failed paper.subject code is 06EC62 .this is 2006 syllabus B.E. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) scheme.
    If I want to apply for challenge-revaluation to VTU, please knowledge me the detailed procedure to apply for challenge-revaluation and get the challenge-revaluation results.
    further,can I directly go to VTU,belgaum and get my photocopy and revaluate my old microprocessors failed paper.please knowledge me the detailed procedure and details for this also.
    please reply to my contact mobile number +91-8861261156 or +91-9342305296 and my Email IDs are :ratnaka r_sunil@rediffmail.com or sunilratnakar0@gmail.com.
    SUNIL R
    bangalore.

39. urvinder
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 15:56:07

i need to get the name correction done and if I go in person. how long will it take?

40. urvinder
    Mar 31, 2017 @ 15:57:33

I need to get the name correction done.And it’s too scary to send our originals via courier.So if I go in person to VTU Belgaum. How long will it take ?