How to get VTU Provisional Degree Certificate, Explained:

What is VTU Provisional Degree certificate (PDC)?

PDC is a temporary degree certificate provided to you by VTU until you receive Degree certificate (also called as Convocation Degree certificate). PDC tells you that you are eligible to receive Convocation Degree certificate; In other words it tells you that you are sure to receive Convocation Degree certificate

You may need PDC because for applying for jobs or applying for higher studies until you receive degree certificate.

You can apply for PDC Immediately after you complete your engineering; in other words immediately after your 8th sem results are declared. And also no need to wait for your 8th Sem marks card to reach your hands. You can obtain PDC to your address in 15 working days after applying.

From my experience, Chances are less that you make use of PDC. I have never used PDC in my entire life since the day I got my PDC, because nobody has asked for PDC.

Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) looks like as shown below…

vtu provisional marks card

Sample :VTU Provisional Degree Certificate

How to get Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?

Follow the below procedure to obtain your PDC

Things required to get PDC:

1. PDC application form
2. DD of Rs 200
3. A Letter to Registrar
4. A4 size envelope cover
5. Submit
6. Receive

Step 1: Print PDC application form

Provisional Degree Certificate Application Form

Provisional Degree Certificate Application Form(Old form)

Step 2: Make DD from Bank

• Go to any Nationalized bank such as Syndicate bank, SBI bank, Vijaya bank etc, and ask them to make Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 200 in favour of “ Finance Officer, VTU Belgaum”

Note: You have to pay service charges to the bank apart from DD charges, which could be 10 to 50 rupees.

• Write your Phone number, USN number, and Address behind the original DD
• Photo copy the DD for future reference and keep it safe until you receive your PDC

Step 3: Write a Letter to Registrar

• Write a letter to registrar clearly mentioning the purpose of the letter.
• Letter must contain your USN number, College, Home address, DD number, and Phone number.
• Here is sample letter for your convenience

Letter to Registrat requesting VTU PDC

Letter to Registrar requesting VTU PDC

Step 4: Buy an A4 size Envelope cover

• Go to a stationary shop and buy a A4 size envelope cover
• Staple DD, Letter, and PDC application form. Put them all in to the envelope
• Write your home address or wherever you want to receive, and this address on the Envelope cover…

To,
The Registrar (Evaluation)
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

Step 5: Submit

• Option 1: Submit in VTU Bangalore Regional office, or any other VTU regional office nearest to you and receive in 2 days:

VTU Bangalore Regional Centre:
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Center Bangalore, # 351, CA Site no 2, Karnataka Health & Family Welfare Housing co-operative society Extension, Annapoorneshwarinagar, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560079
Ph.no 080-23181188

Other VTU Regional office:
ww.vtu.ac.in/pdf/Circulars/regional.pdf

• Option 2: Speed post it to VTU Belgaum through DTDC or Professional courier, or some other mail service to the below given address,

To,

The Registrar(Evaluation)

Visvesvaraya Technological University

“Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

• Option 3: Visit VTU Belgaum before 12 PM, and submit personally; and receive your PDC on the same day in the evening…

Please Note: If you plan to submit in Belgaum, No need to carry xerox copy of  marks, No need of anybody’s signature, No need of anybody’s attestation, No need of letter

• Option 4: Submit in your college

Step 6: Receive your PDC

Remember! If you have attached all the necessary items: PDC application form, Letter, and DD; and sent it to VTU Belgaum, you’ll receive your PDC in 15 working days which excludes Sundays and holidays.

Note: If you are sending the items through DTDC, Professional Courier, or any other courier service, keep track of your courier through their online website

========================================

Alternate option to get your Transcript(s) quick, easy and on time, click here to know how…

========================================

—————————————————————————————————————–

Please read the comments; you may get the answer for what you are looking for. It would be nice if you can share your knowledge of  VTU; so that others can also get  awareness.While you comment, please choose “Notify me of follow-up comments via email” option that is below the comment box and get reply to your Email ID.

—————————————————————————————————————–

You may also want to read this similar posts as given below:

1. Alternative Way to Get Your University Transcripts When Everything Else Fails
  2. How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
  3. How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
  5. How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
  7. How to get Transcript(VTU,BE) – Explained:
  8. VTU BE Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
  10. What is extract of marks card(VTU)?
About these ads

1. Arpitha M.A
    Dec 26, 2011 @ 16:44:59

Hi,
    Arpitha here, i have applied for PDC on 12/12/2011 , but yet i dint receive my PDC…so please can you tel me when will i get my PDC..

Arpitha

Dec 26, 2011 @ 18:23:55

Hi Arpitha,

You should wait for 20 working days excluding holidays. But I suggest you to Wait till Jan12th; If you still don’t get until then, try calling VTU, Belgaum at these time: 9:30 – 11:30 Am and 4:00 Pm – 5:30 Pm. And ask them about your PDC status.

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

You can also contact this address for bangaloreans:

Ph.no 080-23181188

Office timings: 10.30am – 5.30pm

2. Deepak
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 11:03:15

You can check in your regional office. PDC will be ready in three days.

Regards
    Deepak

3. Soumya
    Jan 28, 2012 @ 11:41:42

i want to apply for PDC..but my college comes under Belgaum region..
    can i apply in Bangalore office at Nagabhavi??? what all documents will be needed to apply for PDC?? Please reply in detail….

Feb 05, 2012 @ 21:36:51

Hi Soumya,

I think Bangalore region will accept your application. I am not sure of that. I suggest you to visit Bangalore region and check that if they provide you PDC. I don’t have precise answer.

Somebody who is reading this, please let us know if it is possible to receive PDC from VTU, Bangalore Region.

And you cannot post your application to Bangalore region. However, you can post your application to VTU, Belgaum.

4. Ramesh
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 08:16:32

Hi,

Ramesh here can i apply for pdc in the below address through post pls tell me

Feb 05, 2012 @ 21:18:00

Hi Ramesh,

You cannot apply for pdc in the below address through post. They will not accept. You have to go personally to VTU regional office.

But You can only post to Belgaum:

5. shubham
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 12:48:54

hello suresh,
    do i need to make dd while going to apply for pdc in bangalore regional office or they will accept cash instead of dd for regional office????
    reply asap :)

6. john
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 08:55:13

Attested xerox copy of marks card is required for applying PDC????

7. Rahul
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 20:19:10

I cleared two of my 8th sem subjects recently and other subjects I had cleared 18 months back in first attempt.
    Since I did not get the marks card of 8th sem for the subjects I had cleared 18 months back, I do not remember my first attempt total of 8th sem.
    I enquired from college but they said that they did not receive my first attempt 8th sem marks card from vtu.
    Now how can i fill in my first attempt 8th sem marks in pdc application?
    From where can i know my first attempt marks?
    I cannot wait for the marks card to arrive since i have to apply for job.
    Also i cannot get xerox of 8th sem marks card to apply for transcript, degree certificate,cmc etc.
    Please help urgently.

Feb 09, 2012 @ 09:48:54

Hi Rahul,

Try typing your USN number in the “VTU results” website, Or just visit VTU Belgaum if you really want the 8th semester marks.

College will not help you, because they don’t know. They sit there only to collect fees.

NOTE: You will not receive your 8th semesters marks card until unless you clear all the subjects of 8th semester. so no use searching for 8th semester marks card until you pass all the subjects of 8th sem.

• Rahul
        Feb 09, 2012 @ 14:44:24

i cleared all subjects of all sem. “Results” website shows only for current results not for the examination that i appeared 18 months back.
        Is there no option available other than going to belgaum?
        Can i fill any first attempt total(by guessing) in various applications and submit to bangalore regional office? I think they will be having all records and they will correct it automatically, will they?

• abhi
          Feb 09, 2012 @ 14:54:57

hey check in vtu alerts( in thier go to vtu results section)and type ur usn it gives u r past 4 sem reults …try it ….

• Rahul
            Feb 10, 2012 @ 00:59:06

I do not want other sem results. I only want first attempt total of 8th sem.
            I have recently cleared 8th sem in 3rd attempt, vtu did not send marks card of first attempt, so do not remember 1st attempt total.
            Even then i tried what u said. whenever i click on other sem such as 7th,6th,5th etc then it shows only current 8th sem results(i.e. only two subjects). It does not show first attempt result of examination that i appeared long back.
            I need the first attempt total to fill in various applications such as pdc,degree/convocation form etc.
            Please help.

• abhi
              Feb 11, 2012 @ 09:29:20

firstly to fill in for pdc and other vtu forms its ok to write only approximate marks that u known to best….they dont check what u have written….they have the database of ur marks ……

8. pravallika
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 13:52:04

I am pravallika completed engineering (2007-2011). i applied for my convocation degree certificate in august.i gave my old address. now we shifted to new address.Is there any possibilities to change the address.If so kindly tell how to do it.

9. raj vema
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 19:40:57

i completed engg. in 2011 but have 2 backlogs which i will give in may2012,i did not have any year backs,what will be my year of passing?

10. Tams
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:52:31

In PDC application Form they mentioned not to attach the marks card , What to do ???

Feb 20, 2012 @ 16:16:28

HI Tams,

I think They mean no to attach original marks card. However attach your Xerox marks card and send the application. If your are from Bangalore, go to VTU Regional office to get your PDC.

• Tams
        Feb 21, 2012 @ 11:49:19

thanks for the reply
        They Said not to attach copies of marks card ?
        and
        1) I am also applying for Transcript , my batch is 2007-2011 but i cleared 2 back in dec-jan 2012 so what would be my year of passing ?
        2) can i apply both PDC and Transcript in a single Post ?

Feb 21, 2012 @ 12:21:05

Hi Tams.

There is no harm in attaching Xerox Copies. However, they have mentioned not to attach. So don’t attach.

1. Your year of passing is Jan 2012.
          2. You can apply for both at once. But I think you can’t apply for Transcript now, because you have not received all your marks cards. Please ask in your college or call VTU.

Someone who is reading this, please help.

Feb 26, 2012 @ 08:39:56

Hi Tams,

1. Your year of passing is Jan 2012
          2. You can apply both PDC and Transcript in single post

• Tams
            Jun 21, 2012 @ 19:46:32

HI… thanks for all ur reply …
            1)so when will i get my marks card in colg they r not telling correctly ,
            2)can i apply for extract of marks card ? will it be as normal as 8th sem marks card i mean will it contain all last 4 semesters marks ?
            3) I cleared in mp of 4th sem in Challenge revaluation in 2010 , now 2012 june still they r telling my refund amount not came yet .. how long will it take
            ?

help me pls ….

Jun 22, 2012 @ 08:58:43

Hi Tams,

1. Your college doesn’t know anything.

2. Utill unless you get you pass all the subjects in the engineering you’ll not get transcript, Degree Certificate, Extract of marks card. But if you have you can apply for Extract of marks card. And I have least idea about Extract of marks card, so I am not confirm.

3. By now you should have got all your marks cards except Degree certificate.

You better go to VTU regional office first and enquire. If that doesn’t help, go to VTU Belgaum to be on safer side.

• Tams
                Jun 23, 2012 @ 07:57:47

Thanks for the reply …
                I cleared in Microprocessor of 4th sem in Challenge revaluation in 2010 which i wrote in june 2010 , now 2012 june still they r telling my refund amount not came yet .. how long will it take…..

11. Ashwin G.Rao
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 23:42:02

hello,
    I’m Ashwin Rao I’ve got job offers abroad and since I’m a 2011 passout I wish to know how I could get my provisional certificate immediately. If I visit belgaum how long is it gonna take. Please let me know ASAP. thanks,
    Ash

12. abhinav
    Mar 02, 2012 @ 18:31:38

Hi,
    I gave my 8th sem exams in may 2011 but had 5 backlogs,due to some reason i was not able to give the exams in dec 2011.does having more than 4 backlogs after 4th year considered as an year back? will i be able to give these exams in may 2012 and passout

Mar 15, 2012 @ 00:07:34

HI Abhinav.

Q. Does having more than 4 backlogs after 4th year considered as an year back?
      Ans. Yes,

Q. Will i be able to give these exams in may 2012 and passout
      Ans. You can give exams anytime you want. Give exams in may 2012. It is possible. Please face the exams and write something and get out of college.

13. maddy
    Mar 11, 2012 @ 23:52:13

hi, i am a2007 batch engg student i should hav completed my engg in 2011 but due to backlogs in 8 sem i attended supplymentary on dec 2011 and results came in feb 2012 so, what is my year of passing…

14. raj
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:08:54

hi Maddy, don’t worry you can give exam in june2012,but after 4years if u keep a single subject as backlog it would be considered as year back and if u pass this time then u will get a certificate passed out in june2012.

15. shreyas
    Jun 12, 2012 @ 15:13:23

I’m 2008 passed out.. After completing my B.E I’ve not received my Convocation Degree Certificate all of my friends got it mean time i got busy on my work. Can you please suggest me how can i get it.

16. worried man
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 08:21:34

hiiii pls tel me wen wil 8th sem results come??

17. ak
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 01:22:09

hey i have a doubt …….i had a back in 6th sem now i have cleared it but dont have the marks card for the cleared subject …..will i get pdc cause i have no xerox of the marks card

Jun 22, 2012 @ 08:49:46

Hi Ak,

You’ll get if you have cleared all the subjects upto 8th sem.

Just apply. And there is no need to send copies of marks cards as it is clearly mentioned in the application form not to attach copies of marks cards while you apply.

18. Rohit
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 00:15:24

HI suresh. My batch is 2008-2012. I gave my 8th sem recently and had a back in my 5th sem which i will clear this time itself. 8th sem results will be coming in few days n i guess 5th sem results ll come after some time. So should i apply for PDC aftr my 8th sem result or 5th sem result…

19. Srikanth
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 16:10:37

Hi, My name is Srikanth and i came from a diploma background to BE where the Engg Maths M1 and M2 are part of my academic exams, i just finished semester exams with no backlogs but didnt cleared M1 and M2… Whether i am eligible to apply for PDC or should i wait till i clear my M1 and M2 exams,.. i need PDC ?

20. basith
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 01:24:11

Hi..Iam Basith…I have a question..I would like to apply for pdc..I didn’t get my 7th sem marks cards still..if I send my xerox of all marks cards still 6th sem,I will get the pcd od not??

Jun 28, 2012 @ 06:33:10

Hi Basith,

You cannot apply for PDC untill you pass all the subjects till 8th semester.

You don’t have to send the Copies of marks cards as it is clearly mentioned in the PDC application form not to attach the copies of marks cards.

21. Vinod kumar gm
    Jun 30, 2012 @ 23:50:18

i have agrigate of 69.47 from 5th to 8th sem….wt i ll get in degree certificate , Distinction or First Class

22. abhishek.m
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 10:25:16

hi suresh ,
    i have aggregate of 69.652 from 5th to 8th sem … could you tell whether i will get first class or distinction in degree certificate so that i can enter class in provisional certificate.

23. Naaznazera
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 16:02:52

I want to apply for reval for gettng fcd. so can i also apply for pdc.?

Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:52:02

Hi Naaznzera,

Apply for the Reval first; you can apply for the PDC once you get the Reval results.

• Naaznazera
        Jul 17, 2012 @ 09:09:32

I have already applied for revaluation and also i applied for pdc. So will my revaluation application will be cancelled ?

Jul 27, 2012 @ 12:41:45

Hi Naaznazera,

I don’t think they will cancel your revaluation application. But I assume they may ignore your PDC application. SO you may have to apply again.

I suggest you to contact VTU about your status.

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
          0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

You can also contact this address for Bangalore region:

Ph.no 080-23181188

Office timings: 10.30am – 5.30pm

24. sankar
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 08:01:58

hi….i am from kerala…so if i apply for pdc via post within how many days i will get…???

25. Md riyaz
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 23:36:38

Hi, all of u.
    I have completed engg in june2012 .my problem is ,wen i was in 5sem i was not attend one sub then supplymetry i wrote and passed with 36marks.if i added 36 marks my aggregate is from 5to8sem is 59.94 …the main problem is regular exam is absent then i gave supplymentary and passed weither it wil consider first attempt or second attempt.wat will my class??

26. lakshmi
    Jul 07, 2012 @ 12:17:18

69.91 mean wt class in degree certificate

27. Rajvardhan
    Jul 07, 2012 @ 14:29:04

I dont have any questions, coz reading the article, other people’s comments/questions & their answers by SJ… has already been very helpful..
    Thanks a lot for maintaining this page

28. sarfraz
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 19:09:54

thanks a lot suresh

29. chaitra.A
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 13:01:13

Hi..I have cleared my 8th sem with 80 percent but i have applied for revaluation.should i wait for revaluation results or can i apply now for pdc..

30. sneha
    Jul 10, 2012 @ 15:53:48

Hey do i just post the PDC application form enclosed with the DD to the address below ?
    The registrar(evaluation),visveshwaraya technological univarsity,”jnana sangama”,belgaum – 590018

31. Mayur
    Jul 11, 2012 @ 14:24:04

Hello Suresh, firstly I;d like to thank you for this site !
    Now, coming to my problem, I finished my engineering this June, and I am going to apply for some universities abroad for the next year, will I be getting my actual degree certificate before January 2013 9Application deadlines for the university of my choice is in march 2013) ? Or, should I apply for a provisional degree certificate ?

32. monu
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 13:53:36

hi,
    my batch is 2008-12.
    i gave my exams this may-2012..
    i have 4 backlogs now..
    1 from 6th sem,2 from 7th and 1 in 8th..
    will i have a year back?
    pls help me out..

33. ashikjasi
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 00:45:40

Helooo :)
    Can i snd the requests for PDC and consolidation mark cards together in a single envelope cover???
    n
    Can i work in abroad with provisional degree certificate???

Jul 27, 2012 @ 13:00:40

Hi Ashikjasi,

Yes you can send application for PDC and consolidation mark cards in a single cover?

Different companies ask different kind of certificates to work abroad. It is usually degree certificate what the company asks but you can give them PDC if they don’t force you to get Convocation degree certificate. If they force you then tell them you will get the Convocation degree certificate next year according the university procedure.

• ashikjasi
        Aug 01, 2012 @ 06:31:43

Tnku :)
        Is it necessary to have the principals sign and seal in the consolidation form.?
        Currently i Dnt Hv d 7th n 8th sem mark cards
        Do i get consolidation mark card without submitting d 7th n 8th sem mark card??

34. vikram
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 09:16:35

is Saturday is working day?can i apply for PDC on Saturday in b’lore regional office?

35. Vijeth KRishna
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 15:52:17

Hi suresh, I completed my BE in June 2012. Now I want to apply for a PDC by post. So do i need to attach an extra envelope with the attached stamps to get the PDC?

36. komala
    Jul 21, 2012 @ 15:56:54

hi sir am komala june 2012 output but m1and m2 didnt cleared….can i apply for pdc and is there any chance to write within september

37. Shivam
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 01:08:14

Your information is really helpful. I am a 2006-10 batch B.Tech student. I had a paper back which i cleared in December 2010. I have not received my convocation degree yet.

I contacted my college but they dont have my degree and said to contact VTU.

Now, i have my job in Gurgaon and have to appear for MBA this year. Kindly. guide how can i procure my degree. Also, is it necessary for me to visit Belgaum personally?

Jul 27, 2012 @ 13:06:30

Hi Shivam,

Yes, I suggest you to go to VTU, Belgaum. It is just one day work; why do you want make it hard on your self. Make a trip to VTU, Belgaum and get all your certificates in one day. Follow this for your reference: How to go to VTU, Belgaum for Receiving documents? The VTU Campus, The Procedure

If you want to contact VTU then here is the contact:

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

You can also contact this address for Bangalore region:

Ph.no 080-23181188

Office timings: 10.30am – 5.30pm on weekdays

38. kiran
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 12:19:45

Im a lateral entry student.I ve cleared all the subjects except matdip301 for which we dont get any mark cards. Can i apply for PDC?

Jul 23, 2012 @ 12:30:31

Hi Kiran,

Apply if you have cleared all the subjects up to 8th Semester.

• kiran
        Jul 28, 2012 @ 07:41:35

Actually i asked the same question what this user had asked
        komala
        Jul 21, 2012 @ 15:56:54

Most people mistake m1 m2 as first and second sem subjects. But for Lateral entry student it is just like CIP for which we dont get marks card, but clearing is must otherwise we dont get the ORIGINAL degree certificate.

So i want to know whether we can get atleast PDC if we cleared all other subjects other than matdip301(M1) and MATDIP (401), like we get completion certificate from college even if we have backlogs after finishing final year.

Jul 28, 2012 @ 12:40:04

Hi Kiran,

You have to pass all the subjects even if it is CIP or M1 or M2. You cannot get PDC without passing them. Please ask your college authorities to clarify your doubt.

• kiran
        Aug 08, 2012 @ 12:48:36

So will i get my 8th sem marks card atleast? i’ve cleared all 8th sem subjects. Or i have to clear matdip301(m1) to gewt the 8th sem marks card?

39. Mayur
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 12:19:07

Thanks a lot Suresh !
    BTW, i applied via post, its been over 8 days since the post has been delivered at VTU, Belgaum, I still haven’t received anything. Should I wait for another week or should I reapply again ? (This time, I will straight away go to Belgaum !)

Jul 27, 2012 @ 13:13:27

Hi Mayur,

Wait for some more days, like, 6 more days.

You can Contact VTU after that:

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

You can also contact this address for Bangalore region:

Ph.no 080-23181188

Office timings: 10.30am – 5.30pm on weekdays

40. saniya
    Jul 24, 2012 @ 14:04:07

hii i have posted my pdc application form giving to address as “the finance officer vtu belgaum 590018 plz tel me whether i get the pdc form or i have to post again

Jul 27, 2012 @ 13:23:48

Hi Saniya,

Do you mean you have sent the appliation to this address:
      “The finance officer vtu belgaum 590018″?

If you have sent the application the above address then you are wrong. You have to send your application to this address:

To,
      The Registrar (Evaluation)
      Visvesvaraya Technological University
      “Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

41. ameer
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 22:17:45

hi.. can i get the contact number of finance officer vtu belgaum, because i attached the DD but forgotten to enter the DD details in the provisional form .also i didnt attach letter .. how can i check my PDC status?

Jul 31, 2012 @ 09:32:20

Hi Ameer,

I don’t have Registrar’s number. There is no way you can check your PDC status. Only VTU must answer to you.

Try to contact these numbers.

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135,
      Fax: 0831-2405464

42. geeta b kolkar
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 17:32:16

hi..i heard tat once u clear a subject after getting a back,then in d pdc min of 35 is taken irrespective of weather u get 100 or 99 in 2nd attempt..so is it true or only 1st attempt marks r taken into account?

43. Ramya
    Aug 04, 2012 @ 11:14:10

Hi I applied for my PDC by post to Belgaum following this post and got my PDC in exactly 3 weeks. Thanks a ton!

44. ASHIKJASI
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 17:05:19

Unfortunately my father’s name is misspelled in my semester certificates
    How do i get it corrected??
    Currently i Dnt Hv d 7th n 8th sem mark cards
    Do i get consolidation mark card without submitting d 7th n 8th sem mark card?

45. Anas Bin Abdul Azeez
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:44:22

I received my PDC on last day…but its is damaged so what can i do to get a new one….please anyone help me anasgeneva@gmail.com

46. SG
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 19:04:08

i hav posted all docx related to PDC on 21 Aug 2012. so can u plz tel me wen shall i get my PDC or how long i hav to wait 4 it ? bcoz i hav 2 fill in d gate form n post it before dis month gets over.
    even i wanna ask whether d colg itself provides CMC or v hav get it thro’ vtu same as PDC?

47. SG
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 12:04:02

i hav tried callin these nos. bt dey r nt pickin up d cl . i m still worried. can u help me out

48. sowmya
    Oct 01, 2012 @ 22:17:01

well….guys 2day i had been to take PDC to regional office nagarbhavi…but they jus took filled application form n DD thats all…no need of letter, envelope cover,marks card xerox…..etc…if u dnt have application form….near by xerox shop has it…..after 3 days u again go n get it….that time dey asked to get ID card….

49. Ramprasad Kamath
    Oct 17, 2012 @ 20:50:35

Keep it up Suresh… It’s really helping..!! :)

50. ANVAR SADATH A
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 17:50:34

hey! you done a good job

51. dipika
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:01:59

hi suresh,
    I am going to apply for my higher studies so the universities are asking for PDC. But still I am yet to complete my engineering in june 2013. I am having doubt whether those VTU regional offices will provide me the PDC before that..??

52. Kishore
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 21:23:23

if i go personally to vtu regional office n apply for PDC cn i get it soon??
    if i apply on 11th of dis month cn i get it by 16th??

53. JAH
    Feb 11, 2013 @ 07:20:53

Thanks to the blog for all the valuable info.
    I took 4 1/2 yrs to complete due to some backs, i.e cleared all the subs these dec 2012 exam instead of clearing all in may/june 2012..And my college have given us a course completion certificate at the end of 4 yrs since i started. Since the original CDC will be issued 1 yr of my passing.
    Query 1 : I havnt got my 8th sem marks card though i cleared. How will i apply for a single consolidation marks card or PDC.
    Query 2 : Can i use my course completion certificate and the marks card issued by VTU as a proof that i have successfully completed BE during the time My CDC gets to me.

Mar 07, 2013 @ 22:41:49

Hi JAH,

Query 1:
      You cannot apply for Single Consolidated marks card unless you have obtained your 8th semester marks card in your hand.
      But you can apply for PDC just after your 8th Sem results. You must be passed in all the semesters to apply for PDC.

Query 2:
      Yes, definitely! you can use it anywhere until you get the CDC.

54. MOHAMMED ALI
    Feb 11, 2013 @ 10:58:36

THANKS FOR GUIDANCE

55. jishnu
    Feb 16, 2013 @ 16:44:01

i got a job from muscat but i have my pdc,but not get my convocation if any problem for join that firm

56. sneha asawa
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 09:47:14

Can others go to belgaum and apply for pdc on behalf of me?

57. Pallavi M.
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 18:07:15

Hi,

I am Pallavi, june 2012 passout. I got to know degree certificate would be delivered to the residential address after a year of graduation. But my residential address has been changed, can anyone help me where to update my current address to notify VTU???????!

tnx in advance.

Mar 07, 2013 @ 22:12:39

Hi Pallavi,

I have no idea on how to go about address change. But this is what I can suggest you…

1. Write a mail, or Approach VTU regional office and enquire about address change. Here is the address of Bangalore VTU regional office: Address with map

Visvesvaraya Technological University
      Regional Office
      RHCS Layout,
      Annapoorneshwarinagar, Nagarbhavi,
      Bengaluru – 560 091
      Ph: 080-23181188
      Fax: 080-23186932
      E-Mail : sorob_4@vtu.ac.in

Or

2. Write a mail, or approach VTU, Belgaum(HQ) and get your work done in few hours. Here is the address of VTU Belgaum: Click for route map

The Registrar(Evaluation)

“Jnana Sangama”
      Machhe Belgaum: 590 018
      Tele: 0831-2498100
      Fax: 0831-2405467
      e-mail : registrar[@]vtu.ac.in

or

3. Approach your college from where you did your engineering and ask them what might be the solution.

All the best!

58. Joe
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 21:52:26

Hello Sj
    Completed my Be in 2009 all clear ,my stupid college messed the address and i have not yet recieevd my convacation or pdc certicifate as i was away on job in another state ,can i request for the certificate now ,as my company did not require any certificates

59. madhumita
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 11:36:19

hi ,
    i am madhumita from kolkata..june 2012 passout..i need my pdc.To collect the pdc i will have to go to vtu office in Bangalore or from kolkata only i can recieve the pdc..Plz tell me the better way to get the pdc.

60. smriti
    May 21, 2013 @ 01:36:37

heyt
    after getting my 8th sem results can i get even 8th sem provisional marks card from VTU?if yes within what time?and what is the procedure for it?is it acceptable everywhere as for my job they are asking original markssheet…

61. Arvind M V (@AreWind_eM_We)
    Jun 04, 2013 @ 20:55:27

hey,nice job!!
    i scored 65% in my 5th sem with a backlog…
    then from 6 to 8 if I score above 75%….
    will i get a final marks card with fcd?? or fc?? or sc??

62. Arvind M V (@AreWind_eM_We)
    Jun 08, 2013 @ 21:07:36

Well ,that would be nice…but the explanation given in VTU website http://www.vtu.ac.in/index.php/examination-guidlines.html?start=5 ,
    seems to be ambiguous!! ,considering I have a back and they clearly mention “in the first attempt” . I would be greatful if u clarify this .

63. faris khan
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 20:16:20

hey bro..i guess only last 4 semister will be considered in PDC right??

64. kumar
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 21:59:16

hi ,i have got 71% from 1 to 8 sem. But my 5 to 8 sem agg is 69%. Which class will i get in degree certificate?

65. sreeju t s
    Jul 15, 2013 @ 21:42:37

thanku for dis sureshjonna

66. priti
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 21:50:28

Is VTU Bangalore Regional office workin on sat?

67. Shivani
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 00:43:48

hello…i have completed my BE in 2012 from Bangalore.and I am applying for M.tech in other state.so i need migration certificate.so do u have any idea that how to get Migration certificate from VTU..???For that what i have to do..??

68. Rishabh Shah
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 15:02:08

Bro,
    The PDC form which I downloaded is a bit different from the one you’ve shown in the sample image.
    I’m sending you a link of image of my PDC form please help me in the doubts..
    Link: http://www.ziddu.com/download/22614769/formimage.PNG.html

These are my marks:
    5th sem – 536 (FC)
    6th sem – 632 (FCD)
    7th sem – 591 (FC)
    8th sem – 559 (FCD)

Please tell me what will be the ‘TOTAL’ and ‘CLASS’ in my case.
    Please reply me ASAP as I’m in urgent need for PDC.
    Waiting for your reply..

69. dara satwik
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 14:39:39

hi my name is satwik rather than sending post to belgaum will they give me degree certificate if i went to belgaum and submit the required dd and application

70. dara satwik
    Jul 26, 2013 @ 15:41:41

thank you for your answer and can you tell me will they give migration certificate too if i go with the application and dd of migration…..and how many days will it take

71. Bhavana Chadaga
    Jul 29, 2013 @ 19:39:50

Hello SJ,
    I completed my engineering this year and yet to apply for the PDC.But i have a doubt regarding the application form you have put up here.Apparently there are two applications shown in the link of which one mentions to attach photocopies of marks cards while the other tells not to.So which one should i go for?? The first or the second one??

Jul 30, 2013 @ 03:25:13

Hi Bhavana,

Thank you for notifying. I see that VTU has changed the PDC form format a little bit. Just follow the link http://www.vtu.ac.in/pdf/circulars/atten1.pdf

If you open the link, you get to see two application froms: one is for Transcript and the other one for the PDC. Right now you care for PDC – Print the PDC form which is third page in that link.

For your information, you don’t have to attach copy of marks cards. however there is no harm in attaching. So, go ahead and attach if you want to.

• Pallavi Krishna
        Jul 30, 2013 @ 10:27:03

Hai sir……I have lost my fourth sem marks card and now i have taken the Acknowledgement,affidavit and dd…..So can i speed post it to belgaum and vl i receive the duplicate marks card as i stay in bangalore sir…….Plzz reply me sir

Aug 27, 2013 @ 04:29:59

Hi Pallavi,

I suggest you to go to Belguam along with your affidavit and other documents to get your things done. Please do that.

And share your experience after you get back your lost marks card.

• Bhavana Chadaga
        Jul 30, 2013 @ 11:07:16

Okay…Thank you so much for clearing it out SJ. The page is really helpful. Keep the good work going. :)

72. tejaswini
    Jul 30, 2013 @ 16:19:41

when is the last date to apply for PDC??????

73. jyothi
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 14:45:26

hi sir am jyothi complited be in 2010 but not cleared matdip301 how can i get my pdc and 8th sem marks card which attempts can i taken exam any rules is there like after complited my be 3 r 4 year duration is there or not

74. ubaid ur rahman
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 14:01:41

my m-1 paper is backlog can i get pdc for my job?

75. Shilpa
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 08:48:57

Hi,

76. Shilpa
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 08:55:14

Hi,
    I completed my B.E in june 2012 but i had 1 backlog in 7th sem so due to some problem i written exam in 2013 june & cleared it.So what will my year of passing. …pls tel me….now i had written pgcet exam but for verification round i need 8th sem marks card but i dont have 8th sem marks now. so how can i attend pgcet verification round…pls help me i need to do my M.tech

Aug 23, 2013 @ 04:30:38

Hi Shilpa,

1. Your year of passing will be 2013.
      2. If your results are already out for 8th sem then just show them print out of the result to the counselor during verification.

77. abi
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 22:49:21

hi jo i need pdc on 22/08/13 if i apply on 21/08/13 will they provide me

78. gloria
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 08:03:26

HI, I need both my pdc and transcripts. If I send through speed post willl it be safe?

79. krishna
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 22:38:19

i have cleared all the subject up to 8th sem, but im came from diploma to B E but advanced mathematics-2 (matdip 401) failed so im waiting for the special supplementary exam. i also written pgcet & i am having document verification schedule now. so i need pdc, am i eligible to apply the pdc??
    & AM I ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND THE DOCUMENT VERIFICATION SCHEDULE WITH OUT PDC ?????????????

80. Naveen
    Aug 23, 2013 @ 10:10:03

Hi Naveen,

after writing the letter to registrar need to be signed from college for tat letter?

And

They will send the PDC to the address that you have mentioned in the application form

81. jeno
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 09:25:57

i completed be in june 2012, but am having backpapers now i cleared all papers, as on june 2013, soplease help me ,when i can apply for pdc

Aug 27, 2013 @ 03:17:34

Hi Jeno,

If you have passed in all the subjects then you can apply. I understand that you have cleared you engineering, if that is the case then you can apply right away.

82. Shilpa
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 19:00:19

Thanks a lot

83. Varsha
    Aug 27, 2013 @ 19:03:23

i’m passed out student from college…. but i need to make consolidated marks card. how can i do pls tel me

84. Shilpa
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 15:40:30

Sir,
    I got seat for mba in infrastructure management in vtu, please tel after doing BE in ISE if we do MBA in infrastructure mgmt it will be helpfull ah sir… please tell that whether MBA in infrastructure mgmt has good scope sir..please let me know by today sir..

85. Vikram
    Oct 07, 2013 @ 22:44:19

Does VTU send any message through sakala….i applied for for provisional marks card today i received message from sakala.kar.nic.in saying my application has been received…..by the way i sent it thru registred post

my question is this message from vtu or my application n dd has been delivered to differnt place

Oct 08, 2013 @ 00:19:29

Hi Vikram,

I am not aware of Sakala. I am hearing this for the first time from you. Most probably VTU must have started a new service to keep track of applications.

Thank you for your update.

86. jeno
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 14:13:18

87. jeno
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 14:40:29

hi sir i appied for pdc thru postaland i taken dd from sbt the bank refer the dd to sbm bank for withdrawing if thr any problm taking dd from sbt and i have anothr doubt also can v can do hrd attesttation on pdc to work outside india plz help me ,tell meeverthing clear plz sir plz reply me a solution sir please

88. jeno
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 18:20:26

I completed my engineering by Jun 2012 from VTU University, India… I have a job offerin kuwait. The company is asking to attest my certificates. But I didn’t get my degree certificate till now. They have to issue visa as engineer as I have to travel most of the middle east countries . I will be getting provisional degree certificate within 15 days.But will it be any use for me to get engineer visa. Otherwise I will lose many of my job offer…Can i ateest my pdc certificate by hrd attestation to work abroad ,please help me reply me a answer

89. jeno
    Oct 18, 2013 @ 10:20:05

after vtu results are published how much time it takes the marks card to reach hte college of previous semester markscard please give answer

90. jeno
    Oct 19, 2013 @ 06:47:50

after vtu results are published how much time it takes the marks card to reach the college of previous semester markscard please give answer

91. smitha
    Oct 27, 2013 @ 23:50:24

I need my pdc ASAP. Which is the fastest way other than going to belgaum? Bangalore regional office or speed post to vtu. Belgaum?
    I Appreciate immediate reply!!
    Dont know what to do? :(

92. Kiran Velu
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 12:46:38

How many times can i apply for pdc.I already have one which my new company is demanding, now can i apply for another one, if yes, is the procedure different or the same.

93. Priyanka.k
    Oct 30, 2013 @ 10:58:44

hi sir,VTU
    Iam Priyanka.k 2013 passout i had applied for Pdc on 30/09/2013 ..it had been more 20 days awaiting,so i went to post office and asked about Pdc so he told that he couldn’t find us and he told that he returned the Pdc back to VTU,is there any solution to get it back pls reply.. my email is saipriyavishwakarma@gmail.com

94. Priyanka.k
    Oct 31, 2013 @ 09:02:59

Hi sir
    as i told you yesterday that due to address issues i couldn’t receive my PDC,Is that Ok if i ignore the PDC and Wait for convocation Degree certificate??? will the application of PDC and not receiving the PDC affects the issue of Degree certificate????pls reply

95. Meghana
    Dec 29, 2013 @ 13:08:05

hello,
    i want to apply for pdc. can i apply for regional office in mysore?? or should i apply only to blore?? n ill it take 20 days to get my pdc???n if i m applying to mys office should i post it or can i go to the office n give??how many days ill it take??

96. Dhanya
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 08:12:01

sir if i’m applying for my PDC via post ,within how many days I will get it to my home..?

97. Vikas
    Feb 26, 2014 @ 11:13:18

Hi,
    I want to apply for M.Tech PDC. Is the same form applicable?

Vikas

98. Sharan
    Mar 09, 2014 @ 20:26:57

Sir, i got agregate of 81.66% with no history of backlongs from 5th to 8th semesters but i had one backlog during 3rd sem and i cleared it in 4th sem. Now which class of degree i will going to get ? please reply this sir.

99. Rishi Nair
    Mar 16, 2014 @ 19:05:48

hi sir… i am working in dubai fr d past 2 mnths.. i cleard ma supple xam written on dec 2013 and hv cleard it.. can i gt d PDC to be sent to dubai were i live wit ma parents by post? is it possible?

100. jay
    Mar 19, 2014 @ 17:32:15

for off campus drives can you please tell me whether i should put the aggregate of 1-8th sem of 5-8th sem on my resume as i have better aggregate in 5-8th sem and vtu degree certificate is provided for only 5-8th sem..thnks for reply in advance

101. amit
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 21:50:34

i have to wait for my 7th sem back paper result as well as 8th sem result. can i apply for PDC after 8th sem result or i have to apply after geeting my back paper and 8thsem result ?

102. Ashwin
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 21:03:51

its ashwin. i want to know it is enough to put last 4sem aggregate in resume…??
    please replay fast.

103. md.Shad
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 17:02:43

my region is mysore can any body tell on which address I can applied for PDC certificate

104. SANTOSH SAMANI
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 15:04:18

I have decided to go to VTU Belgaum office for PDC..tell me, with wat documents can i go?…DD,application form,letter or anybody sign??
    plz reply…….

105. Ashwin
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 08:16:10

i got 58% aggregate from 1-8 sem and i got 61.81% from 5-8 sem den which aggregate can i put in my resume…can u plz replay me sir….

106. TAMIL SELVAN
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 10:51:25

hi , How to get ” Mode of Study Certificate : full-time Regular ” from ” Registrar – VTU ”
    THANKS IN ADVANCE

107. Suresh Jonna
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 16:50:47

Hi Jyothi,

You can attempt any subject up to ten years from the date of joining college.

108. jyothi
    Oct 16, 2013 @ 17:04:31

hi sir..
    i cleared m1(matdip301) in suplementry exam 2013… am 2010 passed out…in degree certificate which year passed out mentioned like 2013 or 2010

109. Suresh Jonna
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 15:32:12

Hi Aftab,

I thank you so much for this update. It is very much helpful for others.

110. Priyanka.k
    Feb 22, 2014 @ 10:06:12

hi sir this is priyanka i haven’t received my convocation degree certificate yet..when can i expect it ????? and my phone number has been changed how do i update it to vtu

111. amritanshu kumar
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 16:14:24

what happened sir………..?why r u not giving my answer?when u send my pdc sir..this is very urgent for my carrier..plz send my pdc urgently my mailing adress plz..my usn is 3bk07me003