How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:

What is a Convocation Degree Certificate?

VTU Degree Certificate or Convocation degree certificate is a certificate that certifies you that you have completed the Engineering, passing all the subjects, successfully. It is a proof that you are an engineer. You can hang your certificate, if you love, on the wall of your house or office to prove that you are an engineer.

When do you get Convocation Degree certificate?

If you have applied, you’ll get your Degree Certificate one year after the completion of engineering. Like, if you have completed the engineering in January 2000, then you’ll get your Degree certificate  only after January 2001.

In fact you receive the degree certificate during Convocation. Convocation is A formal ceremony at a college or university, as for the conferring of awards. Convocation usually happens on every Feb, mar, or April.

You have to ask your college or VTU about the Convocation dates, so that you’ll know when you’ll receive your Degree certificate.

Convocation Day happens during Feb. Mar, April

Convocation happens during Feb, Mar, or April in VTU; Photo Courtesy: merinews.com

How to apply for Convocation Degree Certificate?

• In your college, you are prompted to apply for Degree certificate by your teachers in 6th or 7th semester.
  • If you have missed the chance to apply for Degree certificate in your college or if you have lost the degree certificate, then you have to follow the below procedure to obtain it.

Things required: DD, Application form, Envelope, and Letter

once you are ready with all the above things, Follow the below steps

Step 1: Fill the application form:

Go to any Engineering college affiliated to VTU and ask for Convocation application form; they might charge a little amount. Fill the application form and get Principal’s Signature of your college.

Step 2: Make DD

• Degree Certificate will cost you 600 rupees. So, you have to  make a DD  of  600 Rupees

But if you are applying for Degree certificate one year after the completion of your engineering then make a DD of 700 Rupees.

Similarly, if you are applying for Degree certificate 2 years after the completion of your engineering, then make a DD for 800 rupees, And so on…. in this way 100 rupees is added every year as penalty

• And In case you lost your Degree Certificate, you can obtain a duplicate degree certificate by making a DD of  Rs. 1400+(Rs. 100 x number of years since your completion of engineering)

• Go to any nationalized bank such as Syndicate bank, SBI, Canara Bank, Vijaya bank etc… and ask them to make DD in Favor of Finance Officer, VTU Belgaum. Apart from DD , they will also charge you for the bank service. which may be 10 to 200 rupees
  • You can make a single DD instead of making Multiple DDs
  • Note Down the DD Number , Xerox it, and keep it safe
  • And don’t forget to write your phone number, Email, and address behind the DD for the proof of identification.

Step 3: Write a letter

Write a letter to Registrar requesting for Degree certificate. Letter must contain when is your year of passing engineering, your Name, USN, Phone number, Home address, college name, DD number.

Step 4:  Envelope

• Put the DD, Application form, Passed marks cards, and the letter in the envelope.
  • Write the below address on the envelope

The Registrar(Evaluation)
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangama”
Machhe Belgaum: 590 01

• Write Your Address on the other side
  • Remember! VTU doesn’t accept application received from outside India

Step 5: Submit

• Speed post it or
  • Visit VTU Belgaum before 12 PM, and submit personally or
  • Submit in your college

Here is a Sample Degree certificate that I took from a friend to post it here …

VTU Degree Certificate

Sample: VTU Convocation Degree Certificate

For More Info:

The Registrar(Evaluation)
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangama”
Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

Tele: 0831-2498136
Fax: 0831-2405461
e-mail : re@vtu.ac.in

Courtesy:

Please share

—————————————————————————————————————–

Please read the comments; you may get the answer for what you are looking for. It would be nice if you can share your knowledge of  VTU; so that others can also get  awareness.While you comment, please choose “Notify me of follow-up comments via email” option that is below the comment box and get reply to your Email ID.

—————————————————————————————————————–

You may also want to read this similar posts:

1. How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
  2. How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
  4. How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
  6. How to get Transcript(VTU,BE) – Explained:
  7. VTU BE Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
  9. What is extract of marks card(VTU)?
About these ads

1. isuru
    Sep 09, 2011 @ 10:49:25

your information is so helpful.But i want to know some things more.
    I’m sri lankan student and pass out in 2011.But i didn’t apply for degree certifiate yet.i want to know how much amount should i want to make the DD because that i’m a foreigner and i want to know should i want to pay one year penalty also.

Sep 09, 2011 @ 11:37:21

Hi Isuru

1. Are you sure you haven’t applied for Degree certificate? However, whether you have applied or not, you can still apply once more to be on safer side.

2. For foreign nationals, a Degree Certificate will cost $150. But if you miss to apply for the degree certificate once you pass out of the college that year, you have to pay $25 extra as penalty.

3. Since you have passed out in 2011, and you are still within that year; you have to pay $150. So no penalty

Check out these links for reference

• Simar
        Nov 15, 2011 @ 23:40:15

I completed my engineering by Jun 2011…I have got my 8th sem certificate, but I did not get my convocation certificate. I am in Dubai now and I have job offers. The company is asking to attest my certificates. But I didn’t get till now. They have to issue visa as engineer as I have most of middle east countries . The college has applied in my 8 th sem for degree certificate . So please let me know is there any chance to attest somehow or can I get convocation certificate as soon as possible. Otherwise I will lose my job offer… Any way I can get soon or any other method to attest..please help…

Jan 07, 2012 @ 11:37:45

Hi Simar,

Get Single Consolidated Marks card or Transcript or Provisional degree certificate(PDC) from VTU; you can give your employers these certificate originals .

In case if they don’t return the originals, no problem, you can still get Single consolidated marks card or Transcript or PDC again unlimited number of times from VTU.

• Afshan banu
        Jul 19, 2012 @ 14:18:08

I have a question that how can i get the convocation application form?

2. isuru
    Sep 10, 2011 @ 13:07:33

thanks for your comment.i’m sure that i didn’t apply for degree certificate and now i’m stay in sri lanka.so now can do is just write a letter by requesting degree certificate to registar of vtu and make a DD of $150 in favor of finance officer vtu and speed post it to vtu.is it correct?
    and when i will get my degree certificat at my home address in sri lanka?

Sep 10, 2011 @ 23:06:13

Hi Isuru,

That’s right! But i have never come across such situation like yours, so i can’t actually give you straight answer. But if you apply now, you’ll get it next year Sept or Oct 2012.

better late than never: so go ahead and just apply tommorow itself. And don’t forget to keep track of your courier status; in that way you’ll know whether your courier reached or not.

And also i suggest you to contact your college for more information in this regard. Please don’t hesitate. It is your Degree certificate.

My friend and class mate who is based in Dubai lived in Bangalore, where he did engineering, until he got his documents.

Thanks

3. isuru
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 22:16:27

thanks.due to one year that it will take to reach the degree certificate on my hand can i apply for official transcript now?
    but yet i don’t have 7 & 8 marks cards with me.so can’t i apply for official transcript now without them?
    if i apply for official transcript now how many days it will take to reach it to my home address in sri lanka?

Sep 12, 2011 @ 14:33:42

Hi Isuru,

You cannot apply for VTU transcript until your 8th Sem results are out. If you apply for VTU Transcripts, it has to reach your address between 7 to 25 working days to Indian Address. And please contact VTU to confirm about Shipping documents abroad.

meanwhile, You can also apply for Provisional degree certificate. You can obtain PDC faster than other documents.

I’ll post how to apply for Provisional degree certificate soon on this blog;so subscribe to this blog to get update when i post.

4. isuru
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 19:20:13

what is the meaning of vtu provision degree certificate?
    what is it contain?
    how can i apply for pdc?
    how much postal charge should i want to attack with DD to get pdc?

5. isuru
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 13:40:44

thanks for your comment.i want to know what is the meaning of first attempt that mention in vtu pdc application form.can’t i take result of 2nd attempt subject pass marks as 1st attempt for any 1st attempt fail subject? and also i want to know how to calculate the class of the final degree certificate.

6. isuru
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 21:38:27

i want to know how the class of the degree is declared at VTU.whether are they consider first attempt total of all the 8 semesters or first attempt total of only 5,6,7 & 8 semesters ?
    and please tell me first attempt marks presentage for declaration of 1 & 2 classes.

Sep 14, 2011 @ 22:47:31

Hi Isuru,

First attempt marks means: Marks that you have obtained for the first time when you wrote your exam for the first time of 1st Sem to 8th Semesters. Your marks must be above 60% from 1st Sem to 8th Sem for 1st class.

Your class is declared as per your first attempt. For example.. Even though you have scored 80% after many attempts, you’ll still be considered 2nd class; because you didn’t get that 80% in your first attempt but after many attempts.

I hope you got it.

7. isuru
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 13:43:07

can i know the address & phone number of VTU regional office at bangalore?

8. Rahul Singh
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:30:02

HI Suresh,
    I have passed VTU in 2007 but didnt receive my degree certificate.
    I know its a big delay but can u tell me how much time will it take to get it if I personally visit Belaguam..can i obtain the same from Blore Regional office?

Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:57:41

Hi Rahul,

You cannot submit your documents at the regional centers; They won’t take and They’ll tell you to go to Belgaum. I really don’t know what is the function of regional centers; I have been there twice.

If you go to Belgaum and reach the registrar office before 10Am in the morning and submit your documents at the reception, you’ll get back your documents the same day by 5Pm in the evening.

SBM bank is available almost next to the building where you submit your documents, so you can make the DD there itself. But make sure you submit your documents before 12Pm; because there is going to be a queue that starts gathering from 10Am.

And don’t worry, many people take their degree certificate very late.

9. Tej
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 10:54:38

Hi Suresh
    I would like to know if VTU issues an additional copy of the degree certificate. I have a degree certificate and would like another copy to submit at the college where I am applying for higher studies. I graduated in 2003. If I required the degree certificate to be shipped overseas, would VTU do it?

10. Darshana
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 14:56:55

Hi Sir
    I have finished my engineering in Jan 2011, have applied for Convocation Certificate through college and have written a letter to VTU Belgaum also.There is no reply from Belgaum.So when will i get my covocation certificate.

Oct 04, 2011 @ 12:28:13

Hi Darshana,

As far as I know you’ll not get any confirmation from VTU of your Convocation degree application.

If you have given the right address, you’ll receive your degree certificate after Jan 30th 2012.

Every student will get his/her degree certificate only after 1 year of completion of engineering. So don’t worry and wait till Jan 30th 2012.

• Darshana
        Feb 15, 2012 @ 16:50:51

Hi Sir,
        As you told me to wait till 30th Jan 2012 to receive my Covocation Certificate.Till now i have not received my Convocation Certificate.Please tell me still how long should i wait for the certificate.What is next step should i have to do?

Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:55:12

Hi Darshana,

Munaf has called VTU few days ago and they said the convocation is in March. And I have heard that convocation will be on March 24th 2012.

I suggest you to wait until then. And meanwhile try calling VTU and get your answers.

• Darshana
            Feb 16, 2012 @ 16:12:08

Hi Sir,
            First of all let me tell you clearly i joined engineering in 2003 and finished my engineering in Jan 2011 . I took such a long period due my health upset. When i was in 8th sem I applied for Convocation certificate through college i paid the amount in college in 2008,the college people did not give me any receipt for what i paid. There is no proof for what i paid for convocation certificate.Due to long time i took finishing engineering , College people are telling me to take one more DD and Submit agin.As you told me to wait till March i should wait or should i apply for convocation certificate again

Jun 27, 2012 @ 12:26:48

Hi Darshana,

Did you get Convocation certificate/Degree Certificate? If not you better applying again. Infact what I feel is you must go to VTU Belgaum and get it there.

• Abhishek Mallabadi
      Oct 13, 2011 @ 18:14:35

Ok wat all documents i need to submit?? i dont ve 8th sem original marks card.. am not sure whether it is in college or vtu office… i may get 8th sem marks card till tomo.. all sem marks card is enough.. ryt??

• Abhishek Mallabadi
        Oct 13, 2011 @ 18:30:17

Hi last question… how much they will charge i applied last year when i was in college n gave 600rs.. now if i go there then i ve to make dd of 700 or more.. thanks a lot..

Oct 17, 2011 @ 18:46:20

When did you pass? If you are passed one year ago from now then make a DD of 700 Rupees or if you are still within one year period to complete a year from now then make a DD for 600 Rupees.

• Rauf
      Feb 14, 2012 @ 12:14:29

Hi dharshana have u got degree certificate ? Am just like u that i have also completede in jan 2011.. And i didnt get Convocation degree certificate so far.

11. Abhishek Mallabadi
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 14:54:34

Hii actually i wanted to know about how to get Degree certificate.. same case with me.. no one is receiving call.. can i get my degree certificate in one day if i go to vtu Belgaum?? please help me… its very urgent..

Oct 13, 2011 @ 16:36:28

Hi Abhishek,

If you submit your application in your college, you’ll get your documents between 6 to 30 days.

If you go to VTU, Belgaum and submit your application before 12 PM in the Registrar office, you’ll receive your documents by 5PM on the same day.

• Abhishek Mallabadi
        Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:00:16

Ok thanks a lot.. i herd that v wil get pdc in one day but i was not sure whether i will get in original certificate in one day.. thanks

Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:34:21

Hi,

You have to be lucky if anybody receives the call that you make to VTU. There is only one lady who is dedicated to receive public calls made to VTU, and she sits at the VTU Registrar reception. More interesting is that she is THE Lady who accepts your application when you submit at VTU, Belgaum. Besides her two other males sit next to her to receive calls and application form.

Here is the image that shows picture of outside VTU registrar Reception. This is where you submit your application and also wait to receive your documents

PHP Logo

What exactly happens is that the lady and other 2 males arrive at the office and sit in their chair after 9.30 Am and leave the chair by 12PM; So, I feel, it is the best time to call. And another best time is: They come back and sit in their chair after 3. 30 Pm to 6Pm, so you can call in this time too.

And, about PDC, if you apply, you’ll receive in 6 to15 working days. You cannot get any certificate in one day if sent by mail. But you can get any certificate in one day if you personally visit VTU, Belgaum.

• Abhishek Mallabadi
            Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:37:35

thanks a lot suresh.. i am planning to visit day after tomo.. i.e. saturday.. am leaving from bangalore.. at wat time i have to be there??

Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:50:58

Saturday? It’s a different day. Anyway I suggest you to reach the VTU registrar office before 8.30 Am in the morning and wait for the receptionist. Once receptionist arrives, submit your documents, then receptionist will ask you to come back at a specified time. During this time, patrol the VTU campus or do something else you may like to do.

• Abhishek Mallabadi
                Oct 13, 2011 @ 17:56:03

Oct 17, 2011 @ 18:40:29

Hi Abhishek,

Carry, all your original marks card that you have and their photo copy; and ignore what you don’t have, Your college ID or some identification proof, DD( You can make from your home or at VTU Belgaum).

That is all you need to carry to the VTU Belgaum. No need of anybody’s signature or attestation.

12. Anil
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 22:45:21

Hi, I completed my B.E in June 2011. So, I will be getting my degree certificate only after June 2012. But, here is my problem:

The address which I had specified while applying for degree certificate is gonna change as we are shifting our house next month.(I had applied for degree certificate during my 8th semester, along with examination fees of Rs.560. So, I had to shell out Rs.1160). I’ve heard VTU sends degree certificate to the corresponding address specified in the “application for degree certificate” through post.

So, can you please tell me how do I intimate VTU regarding this change of address, so that they send my degree certificate to the new address rather than the old address.

Nov 03, 2011 @ 19:39:50

Hi Anil,

If your Degree certificate is not received at your given address, it will go back to VTU. So you have to go to VTU and collect your Degree certificate.

About intimidation? I don’t have much idea. I wish somebody reading this post help you.

And this may help…

9:30 – 11:30 Am and 4:00 Pm – 5:30 Pm.

And ask them to change the address.

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

Please include more phone numbers on this post if you come across.

• Umar
      Dec 06, 2011 @ 19:33:07

Hey anil i’m facing the same problem as you…inquired in college they asked me to write a letter mentioning new address where you wish to receive the degree certificate and post it to “The registrar(Evaluation),VTU,belgaum-590018″..i’ve done it couple of days ago but the problem is there is apparently no way to check if your address is updated…the only way is if your friends get the certificate and you dont go to belgaum and collect it!!!How lame is that:( anyway hope this helps you…

13. Jaideep
    Nov 03, 2011 @ 16:11:50

I have completed my engineering in 2008 and and i didnt applied for my convocation degree. As of now i stay at Delhi it is not possible for me to go to university or to my college to apply for degree.so if i follow all the steps that you have mention above will do all the formalities of applying for the convocation degree and for consolidation of mark sheet are you sure about that.and how many it would take

Because by the end of this month i am going to Bangalore even if there is any chance of facing problem in getting marksheet if i follow above steps .Please do let me know. Anyways thanks a lot for this useful information

I am waiting for you response.

Warm Regards,
    Jaideep Rupal

Nov 03, 2011 @ 19:48:29

Hi Jaideep,

I’m sure about what you said. It is not theoretical. I have seen practically and also done practically myself. So go ahead.

And read the post carefully. All the details are included

I wish readers of this post share some experiences about VTU to help others

• Jaideep
        Nov 04, 2011 @ 12:23:41

Hi Suresh ,

Thanks a lot.

I will go ahead with the procedure.If i have any further query will surely get back to you.

Thanks again for this informational blog.

warm regards
        Jaideep

14. Jaideep
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 14:49:24

Sorry to disturb you again. I called my college and they told me that you have to fill convocation degree form in that you have to fill marks of last 4 sem. Is it necessary to fill this form.

or we have to mention our marks on the letter.

or if you have soft copy of the for please can you mail me jaideeprupal(at)gmail.com

Jan 07, 2012 @ 12:08:25

Hi Jaideep,

Yes, it is necessary to fill the marks of your last 4 semesters. And don’t worry what you fill, just fill to the best of your knowledge.

I need to time to post Soft copy on this post.

15. Prateek
    Nov 30, 2011 @ 11:12:55

I have completed my engineering in June 2011. I need to get Declaration of Value done for my degree for my higher studies. But I only have my original marks cards and provisional degree certificate. Is it possible to get Declaration of Value done with my provisional degree certificate?

16. HAYATH
    Dec 11, 2011 @ 00:44:04

hey simar i’m also facing same problem as u, tomo i’m goin to VTU, lets c what happens

17. maruf
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 23:17:00

hiii..
    i did had completed my engineering in jun 2011.. but i need my degree urgently.. to get degree wat i hav to do please tell me.. should i visit belgum..

Jan 07, 2012 @ 09:58:25

Hi Maruf,

You cannot get your degree certificate immediately. You have to wait for one year from the day you receive your 8th sem results. You receive during Convocation. Ask VTU or your college when is the next convocation.

However, you can visit VTU Belgaum to enquire. Going to VTU Belgaum is the best thing to do; you can get your answers faster.

18. maruf
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 10:44:31

thanx suresh
    suresh one more thing i had mentioned some other address during filling the convocation form, but now i am in delhi. to change my address where i’ll get my degree for this what i hav to do…. i want to give my delhi address…
    please tell me the procedure

Jan 07, 2012 @ 11:16:55

Hi Maruf,

Your Degree Certificate will go to the address you mentioned in the form. If you are not available at the mentioned address, the Degree certificate will go back to VTU , Belgaum.

If you want to change the address then you can try calling VTU, Belgaum at these time: 9:30 – 11:30 Am and 4:00 Pm – 5:30 Pm. And ask them to change the address.

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

Please include more phone numbers on this post if you come across.

19. mukhtar
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 16:40:43

Any one of you got the convocation, thus who have passed in June 2011, if u got it ? please let me now the procedure .

20. HAYATH
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 23:34:10

I AM TOO FACING SAME PROBLEM AS @SIMAR, THE GULF COUNTRIES DONT ACCEPT ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS OTHERTHAN DEGREE…. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN I WILL GET MY DEGREE AS I’M GETTING GULF OFFERS…. MEANWHILE I PASSED MA ENGG. IN JAN 2011

Jan 10, 2012 @ 13:38:39

Hi Hayath,

No one can get degree certificate immediately; It has to take 1 year. Ask your college when is the next convocation. The date they say is the date for distributing degree certificate. Usually during march is the month when Degree certificate is released.

By the way did you go to VTU, Belgaum?

• munaf
      Jan 17, 2012 @ 21:58:27

hi,
      i am also having similar prob like u. i am waiting 4 degree certificate. did u visit belgaum?if so wat did they tel u? also do u hav any info abt wen wil our convo b held??

21. Srinivasa Shetty
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 12:48:08

Hi All… what i came to know today is, VTU convocation date is not yet finalised. They are expecting it by Feb-12 or March-12 only. Last year it was on April 18, 2011.

• Srinivasa Shetty
      Jan 11, 2012 @ 12:52:42

Pls contact VTU Registrar (Evaluation) office on 0831-2498136 for queries on convocation date (for 2012) and degree certificate. Pls post it, if anybody comes to know about it.

• munaf
      Jan 17, 2012 @ 21:53:02

hi,
      i hav completed my engineering in june 2011. i had got a job in gulf but couldnt endorse my visa coz embassy asked 4 original degree. since den i hav been waiting 4 convocation to happen. i was hoping tat like al other years it wil happen by jan or atleast by feb. but due to recent court case of v.c i am hearing tat convocation may get delayed. is it true??? does any1 here hav any info abt wen wil our convo n held. plz comment. i m in a big dilema.

• Srinivas
        Jan 18, 2012 @ 13:38:54

VTU has floated tender for supply of envelopes for convocation very recently. The tender opening date iteself is by end of Jan-12. So I dont find any chance of convocation happening by Jan-12. Lets hope it to happen in Feb-12.

• Basavaraj N
        Jan 29, 2012 @ 12:26:58

hey munaf, m a civil engg graduate from SDMCET, JUNE 2011 batch, i was also planning to get a job in gulf countries….so plz can u guide me…..

• munaf
          Jan 29, 2012 @ 23:44:40

freshers cant get job der i got it through influence. if u no sum1 der den u can ask der help else u shud take sum experience

• munaf
      Jan 18, 2012 @ 19:44:58

hi
      hw did u come to no tat its b/w feb nd march?? i called vtu but they said they hav no idea abt convocation?? do u no sum1 working in vtu or u r just telling it as assumption.

22. HAYATH
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 16:00:21

ya i have been to VTU, but its of no use

23. sashidhar
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 05:27:15

One of my friend bought a degree certificate frm SJC institute of technology in chickballapur, afflited to VTU, but the provisional degree certificate is different from the certiticate which you shown above, and please let me know how to verify whether his certificate is original or not, please let me know. My contact number is -9642209990

24. David
    Feb 04, 2012 @ 21:58:17

Folks pls help me out. I passed out my BE in june 2011 and I urgently need my degree certificate. I need to know when the convocation will take place….pls help me SOS…

• soumya
      Mar 02, 2012 @ 07:31:11

You are doing a great job here. Now i am in banglore, i will leave soon. Sure i will try to do in touch with this site and also through my email.

25. soumya
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:18:19

Hi,So will it always take one yr after you submit the application or if you completed final exam well before that, will they consider that and issue certificate immediately( go in person to belgaum)?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:41:01

Hi Soumya,

VTU Distributes Convocation Degree Certificate during the period between Jan to April. You can always expect to receive your Convocation Degree Certificate during Jan to April.

To receive Convocation Degree certificate, It’ll take 8 to 14 months for sure after you get your 8th Semester results

• soumya
        Feb 06, 2012 @ 15:32:38

Hi Suresh, Thanks for immediate reply. I appreciate your work.
        I am a M.Tech vtu 2006 batch.I submitted my last sem project report in July 2010 and completed my final viva in December 2010. Submitted convocation form in college in Feb 2011. But i didn’t get any certificate till now and When i asked in college they said they didn’t get application from me at all. Now i am not sure of they didn’t get application or simply saying so to avoid me.
        If i visit Belgaum Do i get certificate within a day? Do i need to give one more application an DD? I am in USA now. Please help me.

Feb 06, 2012 @ 15:52:39

You can visit and get the certificate on the same day. You have to give one more application and also DD. You can ask anyone to go to Belgaum on your behalf to receive Convocation degree certificate

It happened to me too. I Know I had applied for Convocation degree certificate, but my college denied that I have applied. So, I went to VTU, Belgaum. There, I enquired about my application status, they said I have to wait while they check my application status. I said not to check and accept my fresh application for which they agreed. So, I had to fill the application and make DD again. After all this they gave me my Degree certificate on the same day at 4-5PM.

This may help you: http://sureshjonna.in/2012/01/09/how-to-go-to-vtu-belgaum-the-vtu-campus/

• soumya
            Feb 06, 2012 @ 16:05:23

Thank you so much. After all this… i am trying to reach everybody to know what to do and all, sitting here far away… VTU website is really waste..its always down and no clear information. Nobody replies if i call and send mail…
            You are the only one replied … instantly… Thanks a lot … i do’nt know what to say.
            May be i am too emotional, sorry. I am planning to visit India and Belgaum and will reply once i get certificate.

Feb 07, 2012 @ 11:22:18

Hi Soumya,

I thank you for your support. I am so happy and excited to know that I have made some difference in your life using this post. I am motivated by your comment.

And after you visit VTU Belgaum, let us know what should we know that we don’t know yet about: Any Documents and Procedure. You are going to make difference too. Cheers! :)

• soumya
            Feb 11, 2012 @ 12:33:10

Hi, Suresh,
            Just one more question.
            Is there any chance my application is considered for this yr convocation? i.e. Feb -Mar 2012?
            Did they processed jan- feb 2011 application in 2011 or are they going to process it this yr?(my result was out before feb 2011)
            If the convocation is in 2012, if i go directly to Belgaum also they wont give it to me before convocation, right?

Feb 16, 2012 @ 12:17:23

HI Soumya,

1. Your application has to be considered for this year convocation.

2. Your convocation is processed for 2011 and you have to get it this year.

3. True. You have to wait until convocation date to get your Degree certificate is released which is most probably march 24th

• soumya
                Feb 26, 2012 @ 00:48:25

I had been to VTU regional office yesterday and as they said they havent decided in convocation date. Still committee meeting isnt done. They are telling its March or Aprill as it will anyway done before Aprill. I think we can know the exact date only when it officially announcess the date.
                Anyway i am going to Belgaum tomorrow and reply once i get back.
                Thanks for everyone.

Feb 28, 2012 @ 07:42:57

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for this detailed info.

• soumya
                    Feb 29, 2012 @ 08:21:30

Hi I had been to Belgaum and got my convocation degree certificate. They have charged me bit more, I think if u have enough money for everything they asked and u r ready to spend money like nothing u can get anything here. For me its not much as compared to my air ticket of 2000 US dollars that i spent just to get my certificate. Finally i am saying goodbye and thanks to everyone.

Feb 29, 2012 @ 13:03:26

HI Soumya,

I am so thrilled about your experience with VTU. You currently live in US and you were worried about your Documents really bad, but now you have what you wanted. You must be feeling complete now.

I am so joyful for being a help to you, and I have shared your experience to my fiancee. She is so happy about you.

And, You have really helped me to correct some mistakes in this site; I am thankful to you. God bless you.

I hope you visit this site often.

Suresh Jonna

26. jitendra patil
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 23:39:24

hi i have completed my M.Tech in thermal power engineering in the year of 2011. Till 3 semester i had 3rd rank in vtu but now i am not able to get information about top 3 rankers. Kindly suggest me how i can know abt ranks.

27. munaf
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 19:49:04

hi i called vtu tdy nd he said tat convocation is in march nd they r gng 2 announce da exact dates this week

28. Rauf
    Feb 14, 2012 @ 12:19:49

Hi suresh,
    I have completed my BE degree in jan 2011..i think now 1 year is over.. So will i get degree certificate if am going to belguam tomorrow..or is it availbale only after convocation?

Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:37:53

Hi Rauf,

You will get your degree certificate only after Convocation. So, don’t go to Belgaum.

• Rauf
        Feb 18, 2012 @ 14:08:21

But am about to leave to abroad this month last for searching job ? What i hav to do to get degree certificate since u told it is available only after convocation?

Feb 18, 2012 @ 20:27:12

Hi Rauf,

I guess you have completed your engineering in 2011. If that is the case, you won’t get your degree certificate now. But if you are a 2010 passed out, then you can get the degree certificate any-time you go to VTU Belgaum.

Please call VTU and find out solution for your problem.

• soumya
      Feb 20, 2012 @ 14:01:15

Hi Rauf,
      please tell me if u get more information on when you get your certificate. I am also in need of degree certificate before mar24th. Tell me if there is any chance in getting it by going to Belgaum directly before convocation

• Rauf
        Feb 22, 2012 @ 08:43:30

Ofcourse.. But anyhow i will have to go belgaum for attestation as my target is abroad ..

• Srinivas
          Feb 22, 2012 @ 10:15:48

Hi Rauf, which attestation you are referering to? Is it attestation of Provisional Degree Certificate? What I understand is, for jobs in abroad you need to attest the certificate from Regional Commissioner Belgaum. I am not sure whether Regional Commissioner will attest the PDC… Pls check once.

If possible try to get the convocation date from VTU.

• soumya
          Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:46:32

Hi
          Rauf, When are you going to Belgaum? Pls reply here as soon as u get information on that. I am waiting here to know if we can get certificate before.
          Thanks for your reply Suresh.

• Rauf
        Feb 25, 2012 @ 13:03:01

Convocation is on april

29. umesh
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 23:01:07

hey suresh,

you’re doing a great job..i really appreciate your work…thank you for all the info you have provided
    1.please tell me if its possible for a friend to collect my certificates on my behalf ( i’ll provide him id proof ,authorisation letter and all)
    2. my address has changed..so how can i get my certi to my new address?

Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:36:09

Hi Umesh,

1. Yes, your friend can receive on your behalf.

2. This is one of the controversial question.
      The conventional answer is:
      You have to write a letter to VTU saying that your address is changed. And also try to call VTU and tell them you have changed address.

Note: I request Some one who is experienced answer the Change of address question

30. munaf
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 20:04:43

hey ppl its end of da week but stil convocation dates hav nt yet been announced as i was told wen i called vtu on mon. did any1 of u cal vtu?? if so wot was da news abt convocation???

31. Raktotpal Bordoloi
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 19:39:07

Hi, Greetings everyone,
    I need some help friends…
    I have passed my 8th sem exams on july, 2009. (BE-CS), but I had backlogs at that time.
    Now, I had cleared all my backlogs in December, 2011.
    Now, My questions are:
    1. When, I’ll get my 8th sem marks card? (It will come to my college only, right ??)
    2. When my Degree Certificate will be delivered? (It’ll be delivered to my address what I have filled in Convocation Form, right??)
    Thanking you for your valuable time…

Feb 18, 2012 @ 20:53:22

Hi Raktotpal Bordoloi,

1. You will receive 8th sem marks card only after 6 months. If you want urgently, then you can go to Belgaum now.

2. You’ll degree certificate will be delivered this year between Jan to April to your home address that you have mentioned in the application form. But the question is: did you apply for convocation last year? Only if you had applied, you can get your degree certificate this year.

• Raktotpal Bordoloi
        Feb 18, 2012 @ 20:59:57

Hi Suresh Jonna,
        Thanx for ur quick reply.
        I have applied and submitted the convocation form during my 8th sem only; in may/june, 2009.

32. ahmed
    Feb 23, 2012 @ 19:48:27

hi frnds …i need help frm ur side;
    now iam pursuing 8th sem BE ,in 6th sem regular exam i flunked in 2sub but now presently i passed all but now i need consilated marks card of 6th sem ..for tat i hav to give original marks card of vtu and i dint get tat passed sub markscard..but i hav failed sub markscard since results r anounced recently know ,so i dint get markscard but i have printout of vtu sheet..can i give this sheet along with fail markscard for CONSILADATED single sem markscard…plz replay me guys…thanks and regards

33. Rauf
    Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:56:54

Hey friends… Convocation is on april… Just now I called VTU and asked.. They informed so…

34. Rauf
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 21:23:32

Munaf..
    When u asked ? Confirm once more…

• munaf
      Feb 28, 2012 @ 20:21:36

bro i asked one week b4 man…i need my degree real bad….but this vtu is taking such a long tym….if any1 nos da exact dates of convocation plz post it here

• soumya
        Feb 29, 2012 @ 08:13:26

I had been to Vtu belgaum on 27th monday. Even they dont know when is the convocation exact date.
        committee is not yet decided on date. As committee meeting isnt yet happened.

Feb 29, 2012 @ 13:07:06

Hi Munaf,

Soumya has got her degree certificate.

People, when you go to VTU Belguam, tell them you will pay money for whatever documents and ask them to make it fast. Chances are more that they will make your work done. be bold to talk to them and tell them what you want. Don’t leave the office until you get what you want.

• Srinivas
          Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:19:57

Hi Suresh, you mean to say that even we (Jan-11) pass-outs will also get convocation certificate if we pay charges for whatever VTU charges?
          If so, I’ll also make a try and if I succeed credit goes to your blog. God Bless.

Feb 29, 2012 @ 20:34:26

Hi Srinivas,

I regret to say its impossible to get Degree certificate to recently passed out students. You have to complete at-least 1 year after you finish your engineering to take what is yours from VTU. So, try after you complete 1 year. Sometime you may get before 1 year.

Possessing your own Degree certificate from VTU is kind of tricky. They make you wait between 8 to 16 Months to release your Degree certificate.

I don’t understand what VTU does in their office instead of providing rightful service to its students.

• Srinivas
              Feb 29, 2012 @ 22:12:46

I’m JANUARY-2011 pass-out like Munaf. I understand that Ms.Soumya passed out in Dec-10 and she got her certificate after visiting VTU. So I have little of hope of getting my convocation certificate. What is your opinion?

35. soumya
    Mar 02, 2012 @ 07:20:24

Hi
    Everybody who passed out in JAN 2011,
    I will give you a little hint here. May be its bit confidential matter.
    Go to regional office Banglore, They have a official book of students list who has considered under 2011 april convocation. My name was there under my college name. Dont ask them directly to show you the list. They might go wrong. Make sure your name is there, if so you will definitely get once you go Belgaum and spend little more money. Finally its all left to your smartness to get things done.
    I think it may help you all.

• Rauf
      Mar 02, 2012 @ 15:01:24

Somya , did u get degree crtfct ?… I think all 2011 jan passed out student might be considered for apr 2012 convocation .. So y to go bglore firstly ? Is it enough naa if we belgaum initially ?

• soumya
        Mar 04, 2012 @ 07:50:45

Yes. I did get my degree certificate as i told before.. If its easy to go belgaum than banglore, do it.
        For me and whoever stayed in banglore its easy to go banglore to make confirm that u will get degree certificate or not than going belgaum without any fruit.

• Srinivas
          Mar 04, 2012 @ 10:58:43

I don’t understand one thing. If Ms. Soumya’s name was considered for April-2011 convocation itself, why didnt they send the certificate directly? Why Ms. Soumya has to come all the way from USA for the same purpose?

• soumya
            Mar 21, 2012 @ 08:15:18

Because my college people didnt send my application to university. Yes i have suffered a lot for the college mistake.

36. Rauf
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 11:11:44

soumya,
    So u r telling.. I can go belgaum for certfct.. Any tricks to be played there ? Spend little more money means? Is there any contact way to instant chat with u ?

37. Rauf
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 16:16:37

Srinivas..
    Pls inform if u get crtficate..

38. u
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 01:04:44

according to the official notification put up on vtu website the 11th convocation is to be held on 8th april 2012.. at 11.00 am……!!!!

39. munaf
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 12:30:03

yesssssssssss finalyy convo on 8th april :)

40. h.raju
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 14:13:17

hi frnds..
    i need a help…i completed my 8th sem on june 2010…but i had some back logs which i was able to clear on dec 2011 exams…and just a week back i recieved my PDC also…now my question is whether i can get my original degree certificate after convocation on 8th april….or i need to wait till next year…(i have applied for convocation during 8th sem itself)

i checked in regional office and i got a reply that i can go to belgaum and get the original certiifcate on the day of convocation or any other day afetr convocation….and i had called VTU to confirm the same…but i got a reply as i need to wait till next year..
    now am totally confused…i need this original certificate for visa processing as i have got a job offer from middle east ….
    pls help me on this matter…
    thanks in advance

• Srinivas
      Mar 07, 2012 @ 14:29:17

Hi Raju, you will get certificate immediately after convocation which is to be held on 08.04.212

• h.raju
        Mar 07, 2012 @ 17:25:36

thanks srinivas..
        is there any way to get this confirmed by VTU….cause i need to plan the things accordingly…
        thanks in advance

• munaf
          Mar 08, 2012 @ 12:52:41

hi
          i am also waiting 4 degree to go to saudi. but i heard tat v should do the h.r attestation by ourself from vtu. can u tel me wat is the procedure nd how many days wil it take? also is der any agent who wil do the atttestation for us without goinig to vtu

41. munaf
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 12:48:46

hi suresh,
    as it has been announced tat convocation is on 8th april 2012.
    1>can you tel me how many days wil it tate for degree to come by post?

2>i want my degree immediately as i hav 2 go abroad for work. if i got to belgaum on 8th i no tat i wil get my degree on same day. but for going to saudi i hav to do h.r attestation. but 8th is on sunday do u think they wil do attestation on 8th?

3>also can you tel me wat is the procedure nd wat al documents do i need to take 4 h.r attestation nd how many days wil it take?

42. K. Shivakumar
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 14:20:46

I completed my engineering. I want to change the postal address of the convocation certificate. Please anyone tell me what is the procedure.

Mar 15, 2012 @ 00:11:39

Hi shivaKumar,

Please call these numbers and inform about your change of address

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

Or go to Belgaum and ask them to change the address

43. Tams
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 08:40:32

Hi Everyone ,
    I am a student of (2007-2011) batch , cleared my 2 backs in jan12 , so when will i get my certificate ?
    Thanks for reply in advance …..

44. Myounsuddin
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 16:32:31

i have completed my BE degree in June 2011 can i get degree now it means 8th april convocation 2012

Mar 15, 2012 @ 00:12:47

Hi Myounsuddin,

You may get. Chances are 80% that you may get.

• yuvraj kumar singh
      Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:18:43

hi sir same case with me also .i also complete my engineering june 2011.upto nw i did not recieve my convocation.i have pdc .i m in dubai .just sugest me ,can i direct apply in vtu belgaum..where i got convocation form. its need attestation or signature of anybody.just reply me ..

Mar 07, 2013 @ 23:59:54

Hi Yuvraj,

No need of anybody’s signature or attestation if you are going to VTU Belgaum. You can directly go to VTU and apply for your CDC.
        When you go to Belgaum, You have to carry all your academic documents. Its very simple as eating a Pie.

Refer: Hi Deepa,

You better apply again. You can’t trust. I suggest you to apply again.
        You can apply through college or by going directly to VTU Belgaum.
        After applying you have to wait for one year to get your CDC. Since you passed in Feb 2013, you will get your CDC after Jan 2014.

Refer: http://sureshjonna.in/2012/01/09/how-to-go-to-vtu-belgaum-the-vtu-campus/

All the best!

45. RAJA
    Mar 11, 2012 @ 21:40:08

what about the rank list ? When it ll be announced ? Any info .!

46. maddy
    Mar 12, 2012 @ 00:02:24

which sem marks are considered to award the class in convocation certificate…..is it 1 to 8 sem or 5 to 8sem please tell me i’m in total confusion bcos if i take all 8 sem marks i get 1st class and if only last 4 sem marks are taken i will get second class…:-(

47. Aishwarya
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:29:45

hi suresh,

I hav lost my 8thsem marks sheet..,im 2011 passed out how to get another one???

48. AP
    Mar 24, 2012 @ 23:07:52

I’m a Civil Engineer 2006 batch passout .Recently I got a job offer in middle east which requires me to get my Degree certificate attetested from VTU for further processing of visa. Please guide me of the procedure to get it done. Is a vist to VTU – Belgaum mandatory??

49. munaf
    Mar 25, 2012 @ 20:41:02

hey guys who al r goin 2 convo??? ru ppl goin on 8th or 9th?? and anyone is der who is goin 2 collect degree nd submit it for hrd attestation for saudi arabia???

50. Rauf
    Apr 02, 2012 @ 10:22:39

Mee too will be there..8 or 9th.. But i hav one doubt.. I need HRD attestation..can it be done on same day?… Job offer letter is necessery for the same? Pls reply anyone

• munaf
      Apr 03, 2012 @ 20:34:10

hey hrd cant be done on 8th coz its sunday. tats y i m gng on 9th i.e, on monday. wil collect degree nd give it for hrd on same day..i think offer letter is required. but even i don hav it now so wil try to do hrd without offer letter. if u cumin on 9th den mail me ur number on munaf10khan@gmail.com

51. Karthik Kiran
    Apr 02, 2012 @ 14:45:03

Hi

I have completed my Engineering in June/July 2011.

I am in need of my Degree Certificate .

Is it true that we will get it on the 8th of April

If yes ..

What is the procedure. ?

k_narik@hotmail.com

52. Rauf
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 22:38:46

To get degree certificate should we go 8th or 9th itslef… Is there any problem if we going 10 or 11th … Reply anyone

53. Bobby
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 14:06:55

Hai,
    Iam MBA 2008-2010 batch student,completed by june2010 .during dt time i had 2 arrears.i cleared it by dec 2010 exam.result came on march 2011.up to this time i didnt received my convocation certificate…when il get my certificate.the college authorities said that il receive only after 2012 convocation.pls help me

54. Amrit Pal Singh
    May 30, 2012 @ 13:21:46

I did my engineering from a college in Bangalore, which is affiliated to VTU. I am a pssout of 2005 Batch, with few papers cleared in Jan 2006. Can I go now to belgaum & apply for a degree certificate? If yes, can I get it immediately or within a span of 2 to 3 days or they will post my degree to my postal address? Please reply.

Jun 02, 2012 @ 10:11:33

Hi Amrit Pal Singh,

You must go and get your documents immedietly. You will get on the same day. Read articles on this blog for your clear cut information

• Amrit Pal Singh
        Sep 19, 2012 @ 17:47:38

Thanks for the reply Suresh. Is it necessary to take the signature of the principle. My college principle is out of college half of the time. So, I am not sure how many days it’ll require to get his signature.

55. maddy
    May 31, 2012 @ 12:10:01

i am a 2007 batch engg student of vtu and i should be completing my B.E on 2011 but due to backlogs in 8 sem i wrote supply in dec 2011 and cleared it, in jan 2012 the results came, but when will my convocation certificate reach me through post b’cos all my friends who hav cleared in first attempt hav got it, will i be getting it next year , no one is aware of this thing so only i’m asking you please tell me when will i be receiving my convocation…

56. isuru
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 16:54:03

hi,i’m 2011 June pass out Sri Lankan student and i apply for degree certificate in September,2011 via college and i made a DD of USD 600.But yet i didn’t receive my degree certificate to my home address in Sri Lanka which i put in the application form.SO when i will get my degree certificate at my door step in sri lanka by post? and how can i know whether i will get it in this year or not?Or if i not get it how can i collect it?

57. Gajanan naik
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 16:41:28

hi suresh,
    one month back i called vtu regarding my convocation certificate. then they told that they have not received my application from my college. then i again applied through speed post almost 20 days back. but till now i have not received my certificate. when i called vtu they told they have not received my application but when i tracked my speed post it has been delivered to vtu 17 days back. then i again called to vtu. but the person who received my call scolded me like any thing. now my question is whom should i consult to get info abt my application and degree certificate? i called to these nos 08312498136, 08312498139. but i did not get any proper response….

58. abhishek avinash
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:46:16

hello suresh

this is abhishek here…i recently completed my engineering and right now have an aggregate of 69.79% in the last FOUR SEMESTERS. what are the chances of me getting an FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION degree because as far as i have heard , it seems u have to have at least 70%….

59. Ashish
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 02:09:26

Hi suresh,
    I have an question for you…my 5th 6th 7th 8th semesters aggregate is 59.13% but my 1st to 8th semesters aggregate is 61%.so what is my class mentioned in convocation certificate.First class or Second class?

60. Rakesh
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 17:41:46

HI suresh,
    suppose if i had backlogs in sem 6 and later i cleared that in second attempt.my aggregate in 5th to 8th semester is 61%.what is my class? first or second class.
    and suppose if any one get an aggregate of 59.8% in 5th to 8th sem what will be thier class?

Jul 04, 2012 @ 09:20:08

Hi Rakesh,

Q. suppose if i had backlogs in sem 6 and later i cleared that in second attempt.my aggregate in 5th to 8th semester is 61%.what is my class?
      Ans: 2nd Class

Q. Suppose if any one get an aggregate of 59.8% in 5th to 8th sem what will be thier class?
      Ans: 2nd Class

61. Vikas Singhal
    Jul 04, 2012 @ 12:47:35

Hey Suresh, is this process still applicable? I am a 2007 passout and lost my degree, so if I follow this, I should be able to get it right? I don’t want to waste 1900 rs and not get the degree. Just in case.

62. Shruthi
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 13:20:12

I have a question for you…my 5th 6th 7th 8th semesters aggregate is 69.6%..so what is my class mentioned in degree certificate.First class or first class with distinction?

63. Rakesh
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 18:14:37

Thank you.

64. Rakesh
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 18:50:29

hello suresh but one of my senior had an backlog in sem 5 but he cleared that in second attempt.His aggregate in 5th to 8th semester is 73%.And in convocation certificate his class was First class with distinction.he dint get his class as second class.

65. Md riyaz
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 21:16:35

Hi suresh,
    i want to know abt the convocation.i have completed my engg in june 2012,when i was in 5sem i was not attend one subject due to some reason,then next sem i wrote that exam and pass with 36marks.can i added 36marks or not for aggregate for convocation.if i added i will got 5to8 sem aggregate 59.94.i have already wrote in convocation form that sub 0 marks.what wil my class?and what i have to do?plz rply me soom……

66. Vikas Singhal
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 09:22:28

Hi Suresh, Thanks for the information, really helpful. I am applying for Duplicate Degree cert as I lost my original (I know I suck!).

My doubt is do I need to file FIR? and do I need to fill application form? My college VTU coordinator tells me to file the FIR and no need to fill application form since this is duplicate, just write a letter.

Please clarify if you know the answer.

67. Vikas Singhal
    Jul 08, 2012 @ 09:23:22

Please clarify if you know the answer.

68. Deepak
    Jul 13, 2012 @ 23:32:55

I had 3 backlogs in Engineering….So PDC will have only 1st attempt marks or will they consider cleared marks…?

69. Shruthi
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 12:52:52

I have a question for you…my 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th semesters aggregate is 69.6%..so, which class will be mentioned in my degree certificate..? First class or First class with distinction?

70. jeevan
    Jul 26, 2012 @ 18:36:42

hi suresh sir.
    jeevan here i joined B E in 2010, i failed in one subject,i cleared it. it`s there any problem for my eng carier and for my placement

Jul 27, 2012 @ 11:09:31

Jeevan,

Yes, there will be a little problem. But that doesn’t mean you will never get placed because of one backlog subject.

My colleague had backlogs yet he got placed in the company through college placement. However, he had little less chance of attending placements compared to others who have no back logs.

One back log is not the end of the world. You can get jobs but just face the interviews no matter what

71. Deepak
    Aug 04, 2012 @ 16:03:51

Can any one tell me, if a person not passed all the subjects in first attempt , what is the class vtu will declare but he has first class marks…….

72. Rakesh
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 20:13:46

Hey suresh i am ashish from sem 8 i have an aggregate of 59.8 from 5th to 8th sem.so i am plannin to reject my 8 th sem results.so if i get more marks in 8th sem after writing the exam again..den later if my aggregate after writing the exam again becomes 60 den in convocation the class will be first class right?

73. Roger Kavin
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 00:49:01

Hi Suresh – I am Roger MBA student of 2007-2009 batch, I completed my backlogs last year (2011).I applied for convacation certificate but the certificate came and returned back since I shifted to another house also I was not in Bangalore at that time. This monday me and my friend went to Belgaum to collect my certificate but unfortunately i couldn’t reach VTU university because of local bandh, peolpe have no idea when the bandh will get over so we came back. We have given an authorization letter to my friend’s uncle who is in Belgum to collect the convacation certificate. Please let me know if this works out also let me know the next procedure to get the convacation certificate.

Thanks,
    Roger Kavin

74. somasundaram
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 11:30:53

Hello sir,
    I have applied for convocation certificate during final year i.e jun2011, and my all friends got their certificate through post but i had waited till now and i did not get the certificate. So if i go to any of vtu regional office and request for convocation certificate will i get it. If not then is there any other way of getting certificate.

75. shariff
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 17:06:15

guys can any1 answer me;
    i need convocation certificate/ENGG certificate.. urgently, iam 2012 july passout student… can i get my degree convocation certificate… because ,in my job there are asking only if we submit convocation certificate then they will allow or they will give offer letter..
    plz guys.. replay me…
    some1 told me i may get degree certificate TATHKAL SCHEME… because in my job they r not taking PDC… ony they need DEGREE CERTIFICATE..PLZ REPLAY

Mar 08, 2013 @ 00:45:18

Hi Shariff,

You can never get your CDC immediately. You have to wait until July 2013. But just try going to VTU Belgaum, and see if its possible to get immediately. I have never heard about Tatkal Scheme. is it true?

76. Vijay Indrakumar
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 20:26:09

hi suresh,

Thanks for the post its very helpful..
    i need to know if i can apply for convocation certificate on sat in VTU belgaum and receive it on the same day…

77. Kurien
    Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:01:23

Thanks Suresh..This helped me a lot. I got my certificate after 5 long years :) . However the stupid VTU mentioned August 2012 in my certificate which can be taken as the year of passing by HR’s when i actually passed out in 2007. They should mention they year of passing..STUPID guys…

78. sarfraz
    Dec 18, 2012 @ 17:54:37

hi sir my self sarfraz ,, i have completed my engineering in june 2012 ,,, i want ask u that ,, when i will get my degree cerficate,, n another Q i want apply for PDC ,,in how many days i will get that one ,,, plz reaply as soon as possible

79. wasim
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 10:57:33

Hi, i have passed in the year 2010, as i was having back subject i cleared it on 2012july exams , so when can i get my convocation, should i need to apply? or they will send it to my address plz reply….

80. sawaz.p
    Jan 02, 2013 @ 13:02:00

vtu got delay for my convacation certificate. had a one back paper and i had exam on dec 2011 ..later i cleared by applying reveluvation..so when can expect my certificate.

81. yuvraj kumar singh
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:30:31

hi sir i complete my B.E.(engineering) in 2011 june.when i m in 8th sem .i apply for convocation certificate.but upto now i did not got my convocation certificate..i have PDC,and all SEMESTER marks card..i m working in dubai since 17 month ago.. my PDC is 18 Month old..nw my company asking convocation certificate . ITS URGENT….so can i again direct apply from here.or can i direct apply from VTU..Another question..
    (1).where i got convocation form.its need attestation or signature of anybody of this convocation form .
    what is suitable time for apply because i have no more time..
    (2).what documents required for convocation certificate..
    (3).my brother can apply for my convocation ..bcz i m in dubai..
    (4).hw much time they will take for convocation certificate..reply me sir .its very urgent.
    thank u MR.SURESH

82. deepa
    Feb 02, 2013 @ 02:00:45

hi my name is Deepa…i have paid Degree certificate fees 600 rs in may/june 2012..But i failed in one subject..now i cleared the subject in 2013(feb)…..so my question is again i want to pay 600rs for degree certificate are what?…please reply friends….thanks

Mar 07, 2013 @ 23:56:05

Hi Deepa,

You better apply again. You can’t trust. I suggest you to apply again.
      You can apply through college or by going directly to VTU Belgaum.

• waseem
        Mar 25, 2013 @ 01:14:27

hi suresh..
        i m waseem…
        i failed in one subject of 8th sem…
        and now i cleared it jan 2013…
        my batch is 2008-2012…
        i was having only one backlog subject and now cleared it…
        the difficulty is i wanna my degree marks by april for Gulf job…and i already applied in jan 2012 at college…
        will get it on paying any penalty???
        i have an job offer in gulf…
        if i cant get it then please give me any suggestion i shouldnt loose dat offer…
        please please tell me is der any other way to get it???

Mar 25, 2013 @ 07:01:58

Hi Waseem,

Since you have cleared in Jan 2013, you would get your Degree certificate only during Jan-Feb 2014. Who ever it is,it is a common procedure followed by the VTU; There is no other go.

You can tell the same to your company in gulf. Give them any other documents.

If you are desperate then try going to VTU Belgaum and find out if it possible to get it sooner.

83. Niranjan
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 00:33:40

Hi suresh
    am completed my BE in dec/jan 13 (2008-2012 batch) and i hv applied for convocation certificate whn am in 8th sem bt am flunked in one sub(cleared in dec/jan 13).
    so my question is…..
    1) weather i need to apply it again for convocation certificate.?if yes means am feeling guilty to go to college for applying…..so cn i apply through post…..?
    2)hw many days/months/year i hv to wait 2 get convocation certificate……?

Thank u.

84. pallavi
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 09:41:46

hi i m 2012 pass out please tel when il get my convocation degree certificate and does anyone no where the mtech fst sem valuation is going on

85. Satish
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 10:38:03

Hi, I passed out in 2011 but still didn’t get my certificate as my address got changed. I tried to contact my college ppl but didn’t get proper reply. What should I do to get the certificate to my new address??

86. Pallavi M.
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 17:56:00

I am Pallavi, june 2012 passout. I got to know pdc will b delivered to the residential address after a year of passout,But my residential address has been changed. So can u plz help me where do I update my current address to notify VTU!???????

Does mailing to registrar@vtu.ac.in works out? r any alternative?
    please reply!

tnx in advance.

87. safaneeth
    Mar 07, 2013 @ 23:40:32

i completed my engineering in june 2012.but i had one paper .and i got that paper in jan2013.so i able to get convacotion in coming april or not

88. prakash
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 07:04:22

I want to know if I apply for convocation-degree-certificate now, when I will get my certificate in my hand.

89. Sandeep M Chavan
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 11:47:05

I am Sandeep M Chavan, June 2011 passed out, I had received my Degree certificate for my old house address and was returned back, but after contacting i have speed posted a DD of Rs 200 on October 2012 with a letter addressing my new house for posting. Till date i have not yet received it and i also contacted people over phone, but no response was given.
    Kindly tell the procedure to follow up so that i can get my Certificate at the earliest since i have a new job oppurtunity wherein i have to submit my originals.

90. Junaid
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 16:56:10

Hi, suresh jonna
    I have completed my BE in june2011. I have applied for convocation certificate( final degree certificate) when i was in 8th sem which cost me 600 odd which i don’t remember now … since i got a back in 8th sem which i cleared it in dec 2011… But still i did n’t receive my final degree certificate.. i am damn confused whether to reapply or not … and one more thing is that the address what i mentioned while applying the convocation certificate was different… coz i have shifted my residence. … . And many of my friends did n’t receive degree certificate yet … can some body help me…:)

Jun 04, 2013 @ 01:18:35

Hi Junaid,

I suggest you to go to VTU Belguam. You can reply at Belguam if you want.

Before going to Belguam check if your degree certificate is lying in your college. If not you may go to VTU belguam or you can reapply from your college.

I hope I answered your query.

91. sunil_deshpande@spppumps.com
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 20:21:12

I passed out July 1987 from KUD. As of now I have not applied for degree certificate but now I need it urgently. Can you please help me to tell the procedure to follow and get my certificate at the earliest?How much time it will take and cost?
    Thanks!

92. VIJAY
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 20:57:16

hello suresh!!

My daughter has passed out in the year 2012. the degree certificate is sent back to VTU due to some address issue.
    1.what is the procedure to get it back?
    2.if we have to visit the university at belgaum, what are the documents to be taken?

93. VIJAY
    Apr 27, 2013 @ 09:04:25

hello suresh,
    thank you very much for the reply. i did make a call to the VTU, they have informed to send DD of RS.200 along with college id card xerox and letter stating the change of address. they will re send it again. or else we can personally go collect it.
    which would be better according to you??

Apr 30, 2013 @ 23:15:44

Hi Vijay,

I suggest you to go and collect your documents personally. You never know when you’ll receive the documents. Please make some time to go to Belgaum and get you documents.

• Pallavi M.
        May 03, 2013 @ 20:24:33

hi,
        can anyone tell in whose favour the dd should b drawn for 200/- dat should b sent for the request of address change in order to get d degree certificate to the current adress???????????? nd do v have to phone vtu priorly saying dis issue nd then sent a letter wit required documents r just sending these stuffs through speed post is enough??????????????

plz reply…..
        tnx in advance!

• Shahid
        May 13, 2013 @ 16:36:23

My name is Shahid and i am 2009 pass out, i received my PDC but i have not received my Convocation yet. When i called vtu they said they have sent it to my old address and they have not received back. again i visited VTU belgaum and enquired about my DC but they gave me a Speed post number and they said if i need the DC i can get only a Duplicate one. I dont know how to get my Original Certificate. can you please help me on this? if possible please call me on 9611090106. I need the DC desperately as i have got a new job.

May 13, 2013 @ 19:36:02

Hi Shahidh,

This is a peculiar case. Try to contact the Post office who delivered your degree certificate. Did you go back to your old address to check if anyone has received on your behalf?

After you tried both of the above, and still haven’t found your DC, you better give a police complaint before somebody misuses your DC.

Meanwhile, apply for Duplicate certificate as alternative.

94. Irshaad
    May 10, 2013 @ 19:21:57

hi, i would like to know the convocation fee is it to obtain the certificate only or is it the ceremony where they give you the certificate??
    I am not studying in India so I find it a bit too much the price they are asking to obtain the certificate if am not gonna be in India and will receive it by post

May 13, 2013 @ 19:58:36

Hi Irshaad,

Convocation fee is to obtain the degree certificate at a ceremony. If you miss the ceremony there is no harm, you can still get the DC.

VTU doesn’t send the DC to a foreign address.

95. Pallavi M.
    May 12, 2013 @ 10:34:32

hi,

plz reply asap…..
    this s imp for me …. need to submit dc at my office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tnx in advance!

96. Thilina
    May 21, 2013 @ 13:15:08

Hi, I will be completing my engineeering this july, as i am a foreghner from sri lanka, i would like to know whether is there any way possible for me to obtain my degree certificate as soon as my 8th sem results come out rather than stay for 1 year?? i dont mind going to belgaum to collect it either.
    The second question I have is regarding “Attestation “. what does Attestation of marks card mean? do v have to Attestate our transcripts as well or does it come to us as Attested?!
    wats the point of attesting our marks cards or transcripts if v have to??
    thnx

97. Madhu
    May 31, 2013 @ 21:50:20

Hello Suresh,

I have passed out in June 2010 but I haven’t received my degree certificate yet at my home. I have my provisional certificate. But now I badly need my degree certificate before end of july 2013. If I send them a letter along with DD as you mentioned above, within how many days would I get my degree certificate? Will I get it before End of July’13? Its already end of May’13. Please reply to my query and thanks in advance.

Jun 04, 2013 @ 01:05:11

Hi Madhu,

Please go to VTU Belguam, you’ll get it there immediately on the same day or the next day. don’t worry about DD, application form, or anything else. Just go to VTU Belguam and get your degree certificate.

• Thilina
        Jun 04, 2013 @ 08:34:16

wats the point of attesting our marks cards or transcripts if v have to??
        thnx

98. Jayanta Bhuyan
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 20:23:57

hi…. i just forgot which address i’ve entered while filling up my application form for convocation degree certificate… can u suggest me a way to know the address dat i filled in that form?????

Jul 02, 2013 @ 20:44:30

Hi Jayantha,

How did you send the application?

If you have sent through courier you must be having an acknowledge(slip). Carry that slip to the same courier and ask them for details you want.

99. Geethanjali
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 08:00:22

Hi

I had applied for convocation certificate during my 8th sem, that is in may 2012. But i had an backlog which i was able to clear in january 2013…
    So now my doubt is that when will i get my convocation certificate. Pls help

100. Karishma shetty
    Jul 27, 2013 @ 20:14:23

Hi suresh sir,
    My name is karishma i completed my engineerin in 2012 june i had one back log whic i cleared in jan 2013…i have pdc…..now i got married to a guy in london and i am also goin there soon….my family also planned to shift to abroad….but i got my pdc but not original degree certificate….i need it urgently at any cost coz i am not comin back to india again…..so i am ready to pay any amount of money or ready to get recommendation letter from college….please can you help me out from this problem….please i beg you….but i cant wait….please sir try to understand my problem..
    Thanks & regards.

Aug 27, 2013 @ 04:38:25

Hi Karishma,

You will recieve your Degree certificate only in 2014. There is no chance that one can get Degree certificate immediately.

I see desperation in you to get the Degree certificate. Please try to go to Belguam to see if it can be possible to get it immediately.

101. rashmi
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 18:06:41

am rashmi 2012 pass out am lateral entry student am still not pass the M1 … i want know without passing m1 i ll not get 8th sem marks card

102. Imran
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 09:30:37

Hi Dear Suresh,
    i want my Certificate to Be verified from VTU and Send the post directly to The Embassy of Canada Which is located in Canada. Will VTU send international courier if we pay extra Amount. Actual Amount for certificate verification is 175 Rs but international Speed post will charge 900 RS.
    Plz reply soon.

103. manoj mane
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 13:07:31

I am 2012 jan n feb.passed out ,,,,,n i applied convacation in march2012 ,stil i vent got ,how to check weather they ve dispatched r not R yet to dispatch ,,,,i want to know the status,how to check

104. Ramya
    Aug 20, 2013 @ 22:29:30

hi suresh
    im ramya 2013 passed out, i want to get my 8th sem original marks card, how to apply for that?

105. Rahul
    Aug 28, 2013 @ 09:24:45

Hi Suresh my name id Rahul I got my provisional degree certificate last month so is there any chance to get original degree soon? Before next convocation

106. sarfraz
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 23:59:34

he loo sir ur doing great job by helping all n replying each n every one ,, thank u ,, i want to ask u something ,, as i am 2012 passed out i have cleared all the subjects but only one sub left I.e 06 CIP 18 which i cleared recently in sept 2013 supplymentory exam which is specially conducted by VTU who cleared all sub except mat dip1 n 2 and cip n civ,, i have cleared that CIP sub last month suppymentory exam ,, my Q is when i will get my degree certificate??? and also can i now apply for PDC?? plz reply ,, and also plz tell what will be my year of passing now

107. sarfraz
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 00:52:19

hello sir ur doing great job by helping all n replying each n every one ,, thank u ,, i want to ask u something ,, as i am 2012 passed out i have cleared all the subjects but only one sub left I.e 06 CIP 18 which i cleared recently in sept 2013 supplymentory exam which is specially conducted by VTU who cleared all sub except mat dip1 n 2 and cip n civ,, i have cleared that CIP sub in sept month suppymentory exam ,, my Q is when i will get my degree certificate??? and also can i now apply for PDC?? plz reply ,, and also plz tell what will be my year of passing now

108. Boney
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 23:46:27

I am a 2009-2011 batch MBA graduate and i had a back paper. Due to clash with the job and clearing the back paper, i was only able to attend the exam on 2013 Dec and i had cleared the paper. So i had waited for 2 months and i am planning to go abroad for that purpose i need the certificate immediately. I am planning to go to VTU, Belgaum.Will i get the certificate soon by going directly? Please help me

109. imran m
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 13:06:26

hi,
    i have passed my arrear papers in dec 2013, got my revaluation result in march 2014. i have not yet applied for convocation in my college, can i directly apply for the same at VTU office . Pls help me because my college is far from the place where i live than the university.

110. Abhishek
    Jun 27, 2014 @ 07:45:04

Sir pls help me. Post man was not able to find my address and he has sent back my mba convocation certificate back to vtu. Pls tell me the procedure about how to get it back. Waiting for you reply. Pls reply to my mail id as early as possible. Pls . Thank you

111. ritesh
    Jun 28, 2014 @ 14:51:27

Sir,
    I have got 69% in 5th to 8th sem but I had back in 5th sem which I cleared in 2nd attempt. What will be my class ??

112. ritesh
    Jun 28, 2014 @ 15:51:13

And how many days it takes for getting 8th sem marks card from college. And from belgaum

113. Ravi kumar
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 10:47:26

Hi suresh when final final degree certificate came to my house but I haven’t there at that time so I approached the post office and he said it is sent back to vtu so now what to do? Please do reply

114. Abraham Benjamin
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 19:53:26

If i want to go to belgaum and get my DC by hand; wat are the documents that i need to take with me?? pls help

115. Pavan kumar
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 00:11:31

Hi Suresh, My name is Pavan and i completed my MBA in 2011 and even i applied for my convocation in 4th sem itself. After course completion my friends every one got the convocation. Even i got to my home town, but due to adress change of my home the postal department people had sent back my Convocation to VTU. Due to some work busy i didnt enquired about that at that time.It has been alresdy 3 years got over, now i want my convocation back. So what will be the process to get back that. Whether i have to apply for that again? Because my question is since i have already paid fee for my convocation. Now again i have to pay? Is that necessary? Please help me out from this issue. Thanks.

116. antony
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:50:37

i got 59.6% aggregate considering 5-8 th sem wat will my class be in d final marks card

117. gagan
    Jul 14, 2014 @ 21:20:08

what is the procedure to get a certificate if in case we had missed it due to change of residential address?????