How to get Transcript(VTU,BE): Explained

What is Transcript(VTU, BE)?

The only reason foreign colleges or companies want your transcript is because the transcript tells the foreign universities or companies the following information:

1. Class: First or second class (explaining what class means)
  2. Medium of Instruction: English or Hindi or any other language
  3. Total duration of Engineering
  4. When was the student joined engineering course and when it was ended
  5. When was VTU started, how many courses are provided by the VTU, where is it head quartered, Phone number, email ID, website of the VTU

All the above information is very much important for the foreign universities to understand: VTU, your branch of engineering, and your marks in one single sheet.

These information is not provided in our Marks cards or the Degree certificate, and hence the foreign universities don’t consider them as important when you apply for admission in foreign universities.

Reference:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcript_(education)

Why do we need Transcript?

• For us, a Transcript is required to apply for higher studies or for Immigration(In the Embassy).

How to get Transcript(s)?

Steps to follow to get Transcript(s):

1. Photocopy of all your marks card
  2. Demand Draft(DD)
  3. Letter to Registrar requesting for Transcript
  4. Transcript Application form
  5. A4 size Envelope cover
  6. Submit
  7. Receive Transcripts

Step 1: Get Xerox Copy of all your Marks cards

Get photo copy of all your Marks cards

Step 2: Make a DD from any nationalized bank

• Go to any Nationalized bank such as Syndicate bank, SBI bank, Vijaya bank etc, and ask to make Demand Draft (DD) in favour of  “Finance Officer, VTU Belgaum”
  • If you want only one Transcript, make a DD of Rs. 250
  • If you want more than one transcript, Rs. 150 extra is charged for subsequent transcripts.
  • For example: if you want 3 transcripts, you have to make a DD of Rs. 550 (Rs. 250+Rs. 150+ Rs. 150)
  • Or use this formula to find out the cost of transcript(s): 250 + (N-1) * 150
    Where N represents number of transcripts you need.

Note: You have to pay a service charge to the bank apart from DD charges which could be 10 to 50 rupees.

Fees Reference:

Step 3: Write a letter to Registrar

Write a letter addressing the VTU Registrar requesting for transcript in a blank A4 size white paper similar to the below format.

Transcript-Letter copy

Sample Letter to Registrar requesting Transcript, Click to enlarge

Step 4: Print and Fill the application form

VTU Official Transcript application form, Click to enlarge

VTU Official Transcript application form, Click to enlarge

Step 5: Get an Envelope

• Buy a A4 or Legal Size envelope cover from the stationery shop
  • Staple DD, Letter, and Application form together and put them all in to the A4 size envelope cover.
  • Write your address on one side: Only Indian address.
  • Write the below address on the other-side of the  envelope cover

To,

The Registrar(Evaluation)

Visvesvaraya Technological University

“Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

Step 6: Submit

• Option 1: Submit in VTU Bangalore Regional office, or any other VTU regional office nearest to you; and get your transcripts in 4 days:

VTU Bangalore Regional Centre:
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Center Bangalore, # 351, CA Site no 2, Karnataka Health & Family Welfare Housing co-operative society Extension, Annapoorneshwarinagar, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560079
Ph.no 080-23181188

Other VTU Regional offices:

• Option 2: Speed post it to VTU Belgaum through DTDC or Professional courier, or some other mail service to the below given address,

To,

The Registrar(Evaluation)

Visvesvaraya Technological University

“Jnana Sangama”, Machhe Belgaum: 590 018

• Option 3: Visit VTU Belgaum before 12 PM, and submit personally; and receive your Transcript on the same day in the evening…

Please Note: If you plan to submit in Belgaum, no need to carry xerox copy of  Marks Card, no need of anybody’s signature, no need of anybody’s attestation, no need of letter. But you must carry any Identity proof such as College ID, Driving License, Election ID proof or any other ID proof.

• Option 4: Submit in your college

Step 7: Receive your Transcript to your home

• If you have attached all the necessary items: Transcript application form, Letter, Xerox copy of Marks cards and DD; and sent it to VTU Belgaum, you’ll receive your Transcript  to your home within 15 working days which excludes Sundays.

Note: If you send the items through DTDC, Professional Courier, or any other courier service, keep track of your courier through their online website using consignment number.

Here is a Sample VTU Transcript that i obtained from one of the visitors of this site.
VTU_Transcript_Front_Side_2011

VTU Transcript Front Side 2011

VTU_Transcript_Back_Side_2011

VTU Transcript Back Side 2011

Courtesy: http://vtu.ac.in

—————————————————————————————————————–

Please read the comments; you may get the answer for what you are looking for. It would be nice if you can share your knowledge of  VTU; so that others can also get  awareness.While you comment, please choose “Notify me of follow-up comments via email” option that is below the comment box and get reply to your Email ID.

—————————————————————————————————————–

You may also want to read this similar posts as given below:

1. Alternative Way to Get Your University Transcripts When Everything Else Fails
  2. How to get (VTU,BE) Consolidated Marks Card of individual semesters – Explained:
  3. How to get a Single Consolidated Marks Card (CMC) Explained:
  5. How to get VTU Degree Certificate (Convocation Degree Certificate) – VTU, BE:
  7. VTU BE  Sample Marks Cards from 1st – 8th Semester
  9. How to go to VTU, Belgaum? The VTU Campus
About these ads

1. jyotir
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 23:11:30

Thanks for the information. Any idea how long it takes to get the transcripts?

Aug 05, 2011 @ 10:03:53

Hi Jyothi, your welcome.

It is expected to take maximum of 15 days and minimum of 7 days to get the transcripts.

• Rekha Mennon
        Aug 11, 2011 @ 16:57:18

one of my cousin bro got his transcripts after 20 days. But mostly it must take minimum amount of time to get transcripts. Like 7 to 15 days as you said

• jyotir
        Aug 16, 2011 @ 16:54:16

Suresh, thanks for all the details. One final question, since you have seen the transcript, can you confirm if it clearly mentions that “English” was the medium of instruction for the complete Engineering course. Else I’ll have to take TOEFL for higher studies :-( If possible can you post an image of how the transcript looks and what all information it has.

Aug 17, 2011 @ 09:00:33

Hi Jyoti,

VTU has medium of instruction as English written on the Transcript. I’m very much sure about that. Therefore You don’t have to write TOEFL.

And I can upload the copy of original transcript only after Aug 28th :(

Thanks

Aug 28, 2011 @ 19:55:47

Hi Jyothi,

Did you receive your transcripts? If you don’t mind, can you edit it and send it to me. Only if you are interested.

• jyotir
            Aug 29, 2011 @ 08:00:34

Hi Suresh, I could send out the request to VTU on 24th Aug only. I guess I’ll receive the VTU transcripts by next week. I don’t mind sending a copy to you once I receive it.

• jyotir
            Aug 31, 2011 @ 18:40:52

Guys I just received the VTU transcripts. In total it took 7 days to arrive. Here is what the envelope contains:

1. A 2 page transcript. The first page lists out my marks from all semesters subject wise. It also mentions the Medium of Instruction as “English”. In addition, it also says that “We do not have GPA scheme of Evaluation” and explains what FCD, FC & SC means. In the end it also summarizes my overall class of degree based on the marks of 5th to 8th semester.

2. The second page has general information about VTU.

Along with that, the envelope also had 5 ( since I ordered 5 copies ) of sealed Air Mail Envelopes. The sealed envelopes have VTU stamp and a signature of the registrar. Each of the envelope contains original copy of the transcript. I assume we need to post this Envelope to the University directly.

I’ll scan the transcript post the image in another 2-3 days.

Sep 01, 2011 @ 16:09:05

Hi Jyothi,

Congratulation! You have penned down your experience on this post; It will definitely helps other visitors who come here to know everything about VTU Transcript. I thank you for your efforts. Cheers!

• jyotir
                Sep 01, 2011 @ 17:02:44

Suresh, I must thank you as well for starting this blog post. I would not have known the procedure to get the transcripts if I had not chanced upon this blog :-)

2. mayank
    Sep 03, 2011 @ 19:29:53

Hi,

please guide me…

I have completed my B.E in 2011 the results are out n i have cleared all my subjects, but in some semesters marks card i have a couple subjects back which i have cleared in my second attempt..

So my question is
    >when i apply for consolidation marks card for individual semesters, we will get the marks card with only passing marks rite, no matter how many times you have attempted that particular subject..?
    >also how many copies do i need of transcript.. ?

Sep 03, 2011 @ 19:40:46

-Anyways, your consolidation of individual marks card will contain your final scores in one marks card.

-Get 3 transcripts at present.

I may upload images by this week

3. Ramesh
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 12:51:53

Thanks for the great help, if i am requesting for 10 transcripts, will all of them come in separate envelope covers ?

Will all of them be attested by Registrar of VTU ?

• Jyoti
      Sep 22, 2011 @ 13:06:44

Hi Ramesh,

Yes each one will come in a separate envelope and will be attested. The envelopes will be sealed. You cannot open them until you tear off the envelope.

They will also give you one open B&W xerox copy of the original transcript.

Jyoti

4. Deepak
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 13:39:20

Hi,

As per the sample transcript above, the First Attempt Total is displayed. Does that mean if i cleared a subject on the second attempt, the marks from the second attempt will not be considered in the total. Please reply as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

5. Rohan
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 14:24:15

Hi,

1)I am student of VTU(Karnataka).I have a backlog in a subject in my 8th semester, which i will write in 1st week of Dec 2011.So i wanted to know, if VTU will give me transcripts from ONLY 1st to 7th Sem ,so that I can apply for admissions for Fall 2012?

2)I have an aggregate of 71% from 5th to 8th semester in VTU Engineering.(5th- 69%,6th -76%,7th – 68% and 8th – 73% with a backlog).My aggregate from 1st to 8th sem is 75%.I wanted to Know, if my 8th Sem marks will be considered while awarding my Degree?

3)Will I get First Class with Distinction(FCD) in my Degree Certificate ?

Help Me Guys!

Oct 17, 2011 @ 20:02:31

Hi Rohan,

1) VTU can give transcript(s) only if engineering is completed, so you’ll not get Transcript until you pass all the subjects.

2)Yes, 8th Sem is also considered for awarding degree. I recommend you to pass in all the subjects of 8th Sem in the first attempt without holding any backs.

3) Calculate your marks that you have obtained in the first attempt of your subjects and total them against Maximum total marks and see if you get 75% for distinction

for example

sem 1:

First attempt Subject1=70(p)/100
      First attempt Subject2=64(p)/100
      First attempt Subject3=10(f)/100 Second attempt Subject3=65(p)

so your aggregate is 70+64+10/300=48%. And not 70+64+65/300=66.33%

6. sushma
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 19:41:21

if u want to apply for company. should we put the overall aggregate i.e(1-8) sem or only from (5-8) sem aggregate.. pls reply

Oct 17, 2011 @ 19:49:14

Hi Sushma,

It depends upon the company that you are applying for job otherwise you have to consider from 1 to 8th semester generally.

So I say marks should be considered from 1 to 8th Sem unless specified.

7. anup
    Nov 13, 2011 @ 00:16:46

approximately how many days they will take to provide transcript for us after submitting application? how to take DD for 10 transcript at a time. i.e either we need to take separate DD for each transcript or should it be combined to get one DD…

8. Kinjal Patel
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 17:58:34

Hello sir,
    I want to know the weightage of vtu in USA for higher studies. After getting the degree of B.E from vtu can I go for masters in USA?

Dec 23, 2011 @ 07:13:14

HI Kinjal,

You must score more than 35% in your Engineering to get a seat in Foreign university. In-fact marks doesn’t matter if you can pay enough money to buy a seat. See this below….

Good Marks and Lots of money will give you a super university.

Bad marks and less money will give you a worst university.

Bad marks and Lots of money will give either a good university or a bad university.

9. Vinay
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 21:12:13

Thanks for the details. Does the VTU Regional office Bangalore open for document submission on saturdays?

10. Rais
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 14:42:09

Hi suresh… Im 2010 passed out. I need to get my marksheets consolidate but i dont have a college identity card. I will be going to belgaum by the next week for marksheet consolidation…i have 3 querries:
    1. Can I get my marksheets consolidated and the degree certificate without possessing my college Identity card to belgaum?
    2. Can i get my marksheets consolidated in 2 patterns,i.e., one as a single marks card and the other as per the semester vice consolidation? If yes then what will be the fees for both.
    3. Which one will be better, a single consolidation, semester vice or having both?

Great work Suresh,waiting for your reply…Thanks in advance

11. Chakraborty
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 17:04:19

Hi,

Thanks for the post. If I submit all the documents and DD, can my friend go and collect it for me ?

Do I need to be physically present for collection ?

-R

Jan 07, 2012 @ 10:23:37

Hi Chakraborty,

Your friend can go and collect your documents, but at the same time he has to carry some proof. Like, your Xerox copy of Driving License, College ID, or any other.

You don’t have to be physically present.

12. umar
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 00:28:26

Hi suresh.. need some information from you…
    My final sem results are announced and i have not yet received my original mark sheet.

1) can i apply for a transcript?????
    2) will the transcript contain my final semester marks also????

THANKS

13. Suhas
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 20:27:54

Thanks for your information in ur website it is helping a lot..
    I just wnt to ask is it better to take a Single Consolidated Marks Card or a Transcript… which one is better??? because i m having many backlogs subjects in 2 to 3 semester.. plz do leave a reply
    Thanks

Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:31:08

Hi Suhas,

1. Take Transcript if you want to apply for higher studies.

2. Take consolidated marks card if you have many back logs.
      It is easy to show your marks to anybody from a single Consolidated marks card rather than showing them too many individual marks cards.

14. shyla.r (@shylar2)
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 22:44:35

is single consolidated marks card and transcript are same or what. i have some doubt whethere to get single consolidated marks card or transcript.which is better and which is very usefull.please reply.

15. apurv nigam
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 11:21:18

Hello…
    I got a backlog in 6th sem and in dec 2011 i gave 7th sem exams..i want to apply for transcripts. Results are not announced yet. Should i wait for results so that my backlog is cleared and visible in transcripts.? i am applying for higher education abroad.

16. Vijay
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 11:13:49

Hi all,

I am applying for a university and it has given a form which I need to fill and request VTU to put that form along with the transcript in the same envelope and mail it directly to them. Does VTU have that provision?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 00:04:30

Hi Vijay,

Thats weird! I never came across like that.

I suggest to get Transcripts from VTU and send them to where you apply for studies by yourself.

And enquire VTU also. Try to call on these VTU phone numbers and ask them what they can do:

VTU, Belguam Phone numbers:
      0831-2405468,0831-2405458, 0831-2405454, 0831-2498136, 0831-2498135.

VTU Bangalore Regional Centre:
      Ph.no 080-23181188

17. ratna
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 23:09:58

Hello sir,
    The information you provided was very usefull,but i have to clear my doubt…
    I completed my BE(ise) in july2011 and has an aggregate of 71% but dint get a job till jan2012………on jan5 i got selected to a very small company and they are asking all my original marksheet for 2.5yrs till contract get over…………so i dont know what to do kindly give me a solution to this.
    Can i apply for transcript and provide them that, will they agree.

Feb 05, 2012 @ 23:47:14

Hi Ratna,

Give your company the Single Consolidated Marks card.

Transcript is mostly for applying for studies abroad and I don’t know if it can be used for submitting in a company.

18. Mohan
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 11:52:28

Can I get the transcripts without attaching the xerox copy of 7th and 8th semester marks sheet? I have not yet received the above marks sheets due to some issues but I have cleared both the exams.

Thanks for your help,
    Mohan

Feb 06, 2012 @ 12:25:09

Hi Mohan,

Yes you can.

When you write a letter to VTU, mentioned that you have not recieved 7th and 8th sem marks card; however you want Transcript for higher education.

19. abdul bari
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 17:24:29

hello everyone
    i have completed my B.E. from V.T.U . and i got the main degree as well ,and now i am applying for jobs outside India.But my many friends told that i should have to get the seal and a unique number back side of my main degree from university . i am getting confuse what is the name of it and how to get it ?????

Feb 18, 2012 @ 20:33:14

Hi Abdul Bari,

I have never heard such thing before I hope someone reading this post help you.

• Tabarak Muhammad
        Feb 14, 2013 @ 09:23:46

For getting a job in gulf countries you have to have your degree attested by embassy of the country you are going for. You can get it done by a travel consultant/recruiting consultant.

20. tanmay
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 00:26:51

Hey , thanx a lot for this brilliant blog . My back results were announced a few days back , since there is going to be a significant delay in getting the 8th sem marks card , i wanted to know whether i can apply for consolidated marks car and transcript without submitting the xerox of my yet to be released 8th sem marks card?

Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:54:12

Hi Tanmay,

I don’t have precise answer to your question. Recently, one of the visitor of this site didn’t receive his CMC even after going to belguam, because he didn’t get his 8th semester marks card yet.

My answer is:
      You can not get CMC or Transcript unless you have received all your marks cards in your hand. But you can get PDC.

• V J Dilip
      Feb 18, 2012 @ 00:40:24

Nope. you will not get it now. We are all sailing in the same boat… we have to wait for the original marks cards of each n every sem n that of back subjects to come… then only we will be issued All sem in 1 CMC, Transcript, Convocation degree certificate, etc.
      All we can get now is PDC, Extract… u can apply at vtu regional offices… no need to head to belgaum…

21. Nikhil Rock
    Feb 25, 2012 @ 22:40:20

Someone told me u really dnt need your xerox copy of marks sheet ,just Id is enough as they r stored in their computer…nd all other same things which u mentioned above….is it right info? BECOZ he got his transcript without xerox copy of mark sheets..

22. nishita
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:20:58

thank you so much. i think u explained better than the vtu guys…appreciate it!

23. Madhavi
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 05:37:45

Hi,
    Can anyone please explain the procedure to get the photo copies if the marks card attested by VTU Registar… I stay in Bangalore so is it possible to send trough speed post??

24. Rakshitha
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 13:02:03

Is the transcript same as PDC? which one would be better to produce for job??pls reply me..as i need to apply

25. Jagtesh
    Jul 25, 2012 @ 14:27:10

First of all – let me just say this, you have an amazing blog that’s helped a lot of people, including myself. A big thanks for that!

Coming to a question I have, I passed out in 2008 and right now I only have marks cards from semsters 1-5. Is there any way I can request VTU to send me a transcript, or a CMC, without the xerox of all semesters? I basically need a proof that I have passed all these semesters with marks, so any permutation combination would be fine.

I don’t want to go the duplicate markscard route, as that can be quite time consuming and difficult for me, as I have a busy job. Also, coming to Belgaum is a last resort, as I stay far away in Delhi.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jagtesh

Jul 27, 2012 @ 11:33:52

Hi Jagtesh,

Do you mean you have marks cards of semester 1 to semester 5 only? What happened to your other marks cards? Did you lose them or didn’t collect them? If your answer is ‘yes’ then you must first obtain your other marks cards for which you must follow this procedure: .

In ordered to get Transcript or CMC, it is must to have Xerox Copies of marks cards. There is no other go!

26. Roshan
    Aug 27, 2012 @ 18:16:54

hi jonna u r a life saver , there are lots of websites selling absolute crap and confusing , i was worried how to apply for these transcripts, thanks man great help….

27. jayatu
    Sep 23, 2012 @ 13:18:38

Hi.. I am Jayatu, i need to get my transcripts as soon as possible as i am applying for higher studies. So i am thinking to go to Belgaum and apply there directly. Will they provide me 4-5 transcripts in a single day.

28. Krittika
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 23:18:39

I am in Michigan and need my transcript. I can fax the request letter with my signature and a copy of the marks card and the application form to someone in Bangalore and they will submit it at the VTU office. For the address to which they can send the transcript, I can give my address in Bangalore which is also my address on my passport. Should I also fax a copy of my passport along?

Thanks!
    Krittika

29. Janani
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 09:27:02

You are my life saver! Thanks for all the information

30. verma
    Dec 19, 2012 @ 22:11:15

should we send attested photo copy of marks cards, when we are requesting for transcripts?
    or should we send xerox copy(photo copy) of marks cards?

please reply

31. karthik..B.S
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 00:18:41

Thank u very much for this wonderful blogs.it was very use full for me .it cleared all my doubts. And i have recommended the blog to all my friends also.

32. karthik..B.S
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 00:39:05

hi, suresh
    i have an doubt ,in the final Convocation Degree certificate , will all the sem marks from 1st to 8th or only the marks from 5th to 8th sem will be considered for the calculation of my class.. pls reply urgent

33. karthik..B.S
    Jan 31, 2013 @ 09:22:36

thank u .
    pls see this page of the link below it has mentioned only from 5th sem,

but in the link which u gave its different

which is correct , i am confused
    because i am applying for my masters. my all sem aggregate is 65% but last four is 72 %. hence which shall be considered by the universities
    and do i need to write toffel or will it be mentioned English has language of instruction in the transcript

34. Venkat
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 23:44:17

I completed my degree from BVB Collage when it was under Karnataka University Dharwad. Does anyone know if I can get my transcripts from VTU? or do I need to request them from Karnataka University? Thanks!

35. Anjana
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 22:58:47

Hi Suresh,,
    Great work.. :)
    Wanted to know do we have to include the courier charges for the post VTU sends or will they take care of that..
    I am sending a request of total 8 transcripts..
    Want to be clear with the exact DD amount to be sent..
    Thanks in advance

Feb 16, 2013 @ 13:43:30

Hi Anjana,

You don’t have to include courier charges.VTU will take care of that. If you want 8 Transcipts then make a DD for RS. 1075 in other words 250+(7×150)=1075

36. Gokula H B
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 22:46:58

Hi,
    whether VTU will issue transcript in any other formats, because some universities required transcripts in their prescribed format.

Regards,
    Gokula

37. sonam
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 10:24:56

hi..
    my 7th sem result were out in feb,but i have applied for revaluation.Iam applying for fall 2013,and one of the university requires transcript till 7th sem.can i apply for transcript now?

38. sat
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 15:21:24

hiii suresh,

Am in a very critical condition can u plz help me out….i had backlogs in 1 in 8th sem n 1 in 7th sem i cleared in jan 2013 and now am planning to do masters so i need transcript and consolidated marks card.

I applied for transcript in feb 2013 and got it but it contains oly 1-7 semesters and 8th sem they hav given extract marks card attached to transcript but i need 1-8 sems transcript what do i do now can u suggest me.

And one more issue is tat i speed posted for consolidated marks card as per u hav suggested but i have not yet received till date which approx 26days for now and if i call up to vtu belgaum the contact num ending with 131 doesn respond properly i blasted him 3days continuosly since he started arguing sayin tat my 8th sem marks card has to generate then i would get consolidated marks card n all am on ma nerves no one responds properly to which ever number i call up even if am calm they speak very rude can u suggest me what to do now

Mar 21, 2013 @ 01:57:16

Hi Satish,

You must clear all the subjects upto 8th semester to get your CMC. It is true that 8th sem marks card has to get printed first to get CMC. Just wait until you get your 8th semester marks card in your hand. You are just very fast; everything is going to be alright.

39. Lakshmi Devakumar
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 21:44:56

Hey suresh hi!
    Are you sure if we can post the requisition letter directly to belgum?
    Can you plz let me know about the office timing at bangalore!

40. Bilaval
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 14:36:41

Hi Suresh
    Thanks a lot for your post. However, I graduated from MS Ramaiah Inst of Technology, which is an autonomous college affiliated to VTU. And our marks are based on Grade point system(GPA). So do I apply for the transcript from our college or VTU? Our college does issue transcripts, but they don’t have relevant info on the VTU at the back of the transcript. Would be grateful if you could clarify. Thanks again.

41. ashish
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 15:26:11

hi
    my name is ASHISH i rejected 8 th semester……and i wrote the exam again on December i got distinction but the results were not displayed in vtu website they sent fax to our college…..then i applied for 8th semester extract marks card after waiting for 1 month still i dint get my marks card…..the original marks card will be available on may …..but now i have to submit my marks card to the company for which i am working……so would you please tell me the way for availing the marks card???

42. Bharath R
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 22:04:19

Hi sir,
    Now i am doing my 8th sem and i applied for masters in abroad for coming fall 2013,and one of the university requires transcript of last 3 years .can i apply for transcript now ? will vtu provide me transcript for last 3 years ? please do leave a reply
    Thanks

43. Parvathi
    Mar 29, 2013 @ 00:32:47

I am an MBA from a college under VTU. I currently live in the US and would like to get my Transcripts for applying with a US University.
    Does the same procedure work for MBA too?
    Thanks
    Parvathi

44. Parvathi
    Mar 29, 2013 @ 00:39:16

Thank you!
    I did my MBA with JKSHIM in Nitte( 2007-2009 batch). We were Semi-Autonomous, however the Degree Certificate is of VTU.
    Is there any way I can check if I am eligible to apply for Transcript with VTU or I should approach my college?
    I applied by post with VTU during Mid January, and nothing has come back yet from them:(
    Sorry, if my questions are outside your purview.
    However, your blog has been really helpful.
    Cheers!

Mar 29, 2013 @ 02:11:26

Hi Parvathi,

Your college is affiliated to VTU so you can follow the procedure. However check once with your college.

• Lakshmi
      May 31, 2013 @ 07:47:54

Hello Parvathi,

I belong to the same institute and I applied for transcripts in the month of may.
      My application is returned along with DD saying VTU does not issue transcript for autonomous colleges :( I could not get any info on transcripts from JKSHIM. So trying to find the way out. In case you come across any information on how to get it done please do reply ….I am badly in need of it !

Keep up the good work Suresh :)

• Parvathi
        Jun 04, 2013 @ 01:21:42

Lakshmi,
        I haven’t got any information yet. However a senior of mine got all her mar cards attested individually by the Director and the Cover enclosing it endorsed by him. That was accepted by the University in USA where she applied for.

I am still trying to find out a way, but makes it difficult for me as I am not in India now. Will post it here if I get any info.
        Suresh, hope its OK to post it here!

45. Kunal Modasiya
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 01:25:05

I passedout from VTU in 2003 and currently in US. I wanted to pursue study at Stndaford university. Is there any way to get transciprt couriered to my USA address ? Please let me know how NRI members can get it delivered at USA address.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2013 @ 02:29:26

Hi Kunal,

Its impossible to get the transcripts delivered to a address located outside India. You have to apply from within India.

You can ask your family members or friends to apply on your behalf.

46. Ashwini
    Jun 02, 2013 @ 02:14:00

Excellent job!! the blogs are really helping so many VTU students to get their documents done.

I have tried reading through the blog and comments but still have a query, not sure if I missed it answered anywhere.

I cleared my engineering in 2010 and would like to apply for higher studies now hence I require the transcript.
    1) In case we have a subject back in any one of the semester’s, is it mandatory to consolidate that semester marks card for that particular semester and then send while applying for transcript, or can I just send the first attempt and second attempt marks card xerox.

2) I had a back in my 4th semester alone, as i read from your comments that only first attend marks will be considered, will the class for that semester be fail or will they provide a class depending on the total.

Jun 04, 2013 @ 01:00:21

Hi Ashwini,

1. Its not mandatory to consolidate your marks cards. You can send the first and second attempt marks card and get your Transcript.

2. For class the VTU will consider only the first attempt marks even if it is fail.

I hope I have answered your query.

47. Jolly
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 15:42:07

Hi there,

Can you confirm if VTU does not provide a consolidate mark sheet like the one above for MSRIT? http://www.msrit.edu/

I need a document that says that the medium of instruction was english for my Australian PR application. Anyone faced a similar situation?

Thanks,
    Jolly

• J
      Jun 25, 2013 @ 01:56:31

Hi Jolly,

I filed for ACS certification using a copy of transcript (which is same as a consolidated mark sheet but mentions that the medium was English). I had requested VTU for individual mark sheets, but got a call from a lady from the Registrar’s office who told me to go for a consolidated mark sheet + transcripts instead, which was a win-win so I said yes.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
      J

• Jagtesh Chadha
      Jun 25, 2013 @ 02:01:18

My first comment isn’t displaying for some reason. Basically, I received a transcript from VTU that I used for ACP filling. They accepted it without any issue. You can apply for a transcript with just a DD and a letter stating that you need the transcript for so and so USN and X many copies. You can even get a consolidated marks card like that. I applied for both and got them even though I was missing a few mark sheet xeroxes.

48. Jagtesh Chadha
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 01:57:37

I may add that the filling went smoothly and they accepted the VTU transcript text (including the English medium comment).

49. Jolly
    Jun 25, 2013 @ 08:33:09

Thanks for the reply Jagtesh! I managed to get someone on the phone from VTU and they said that I should send a DD of Rs 175 to get a certificate saying ‘medium of instruction was english’ so I’m going to try that.

Someone in the thread above mentioned that they don’t issue issue consolidated marksheet for MS Ramaiah, as it’s an autonomous institute.

Anyone know if you can send a relative/friend to Belgaum and collect this certificate, or do we have to go ‘in person’?

50. sari
    Aug 10, 2013 @ 04:54:19

Hi all!
    I am looking for ways to get my transcript for an admission in the US and the problem is that I reside in US right now. Is there any possibility that I could get my transcripts online because I am unable to come back to India for it. Will be glad if anybody could help me.

51. priya
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 20:23:42

Sir I am applying for consolidation of marks cards via speed post is it necessary to attach the consolidation application form

52. shruti
    Oct 10, 2013 @ 03:15:28

Hello,
    I just came across this blog and this is indeed very helpful.
    However my case is very different , I want suggestions from you guys and help too.
    I am a student in VTU and joined in 2010. I got a detained in my second year third semester for less percentage of attendance for whole one year.
    Last year when i had to re do my second year, i could not give fourth semester as i was sick. So, i got year back. Gist is its been two years i am in second year. Now i am writing my fourth semester exams in December. So it would be my third year in Second year VTU.

So, considering the situations my brother is planning to bring me in USA as an Undergraduate Transfer and do rest of the two years in USA.But here in USA for applying as an Undergrad Transfer they need Transcripts. I dont know what should i do ? Everything seems so frustrating. I am really getting disheartened with the system and myself.

It would be great if you guys can help me out.

Thanks

53. jeno
    Oct 19, 2013 @ 07:43:33

sir, if our marks card donot reach in colege where i studied how to issue it directly from university,what is the procedure please help me how to issue marks if it was not arrived in my colege

54. Pratik Goon
    Nov 09, 2013 @ 22:24:13

Absolutely fantastic work on this blog. A clear concise picture of what needs to be done.
    I got your point on how to obtain the college transcripts from VTU.
    However, can you throw some light on how to get transcripts of class X and XII.
    I am from CBSE Board and I didn’t find any provisions of obtaining transcripts in their website.
    I passed X in 2003 and XII in 2005.
    Please let me know if you have some insights on this.

Thanks,
    Pratik

55. Prajwal
    Nov 25, 2013 @ 16:09:03

Hello Suresh,

First of all, its a great thing that you wrote such an informative blog. The comments list shows how helpful it has been for many students.

My question is, can we write letter to registrar in any format?

Thanks,
    Prajwal

56. Lin PSB
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 21:26:46

I am currently working in the US and trying pursue my MBA in Spring 2014. The university over here wants an independent agency (World Education Services) to evaluate my transcripts before admission. I contacted the registrar’s office (evaluation) in Karnatak University to understand the process.

They only talk about reissue of marksheets provided I send them copy of my marksheets and a DD. However, they don’t know if they’ll mail it to a foriegn address in a sealed envelope. There is no process or instructions that they know of.

The issue is very frustrating. I ended up staying awake late at night and waking up really early to match up KUD’s office timings for over a week. They make you call several numbers (departments) within the university and not even one idiot speaks basic English or Hindi. In fact, they simply answer to the point and hangup the phone without even pausing/listening to the next question. I wonder if they realize if there are many (in lakhs) students from other states are studying (and have passed out from) in KUD and working/studying abroad.

Your effort to document the process is commendable. I wish the administration in KUD (and other universities) understands these pain points and reacts to make the processes simple and easy to understand and even tailor them to suit the needs of growing number of people from Indian students studying globally.

57. Chidu
    Dec 31, 2013 @ 09:33:27

You can also try Cleartranscripts they provided my vtu transcripts by placing the request online.

58. Hrushikesh Vasista
    Jan 18, 2014 @ 09:59:28

Thanks a lot…this site was very informative…

59. Lin
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 11:55:36

Hope someone in need sees this post about procedure for obtaining transcripts for engineering degree from Karnatak University, Dharwad.

They need to send:
    1. Mark-Sheets – 8 Semesters (copies)
    2. Degree Certificated (copy)
    3. Application letter requesting transcript. Addressed to Registrar – Evaluation.
    4. DD for Rs. 1190 (for 1 transcript copy)
    5. DD for Rs. 1000 (overseas speed-post, if desired)

DDs should be drawn in the name of:
    Finance Officer, Karnatak University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad 580003.

Send all the above to:
    Registrar (Evaluation), Karnatak University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad 580003.

Note: The DD amounts are as of 20JAN2014.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Lin

60. Karan
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 19:15:24

Hi,
    Followed the procedure and got my transcripts in a week.
    Thanks a ton.
    Karan

61. Abhijeet Dey
    Mar 07, 2014 @ 09:34:58

HI ALL, IS THERE ANY WAY OR CONTACT NUMBER THROUGH WHICH I CAN KNOW STATUS OF MY TRANSCRIPT REQUEST.
    QUICK REPLY WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIABLE.

62. keerthana
    Mar 08, 2014 @ 13:52:23

Wow!!!Thank you so much.It contains complete information about transcript.The best site i have seen ever.So much detailed.thanks for all the info..!!!

63. sINDHU
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 16:40:27

Hi Suresh Jonna, Nice blog with full of info on Transcripts. I have one doubt on trascripts to be made. If I need to apply for any embassy, do I need to get the trascripts done for all the years or onky the Convocation and Provisional is enough. Please clarify, if you have any about it.

Thanks in advance.

64. Sharad
    Jun 22, 2014 @ 16:37:08

Hi,

I was a student of VTU Belgaum in 2004. So far, I have been reading comments on getting transcripts for higher studies. Is the process same for getting transcripts for Immigration too? The process described above is very much helpful however I would like to know to exactly which address I need to send my xerox copy of all 1st-8th semester in order to apply for Immigration to another country? Do I need to send it to Gnana Sangram, Belgaum or I can post all the required documents to VTU regional office as well? Looking for your quick reply n suggestion, if any. Best Regards!

65. Sharad
    Jun 22, 2014 @ 17:12:32

Kindly let me know how do I approach VTU for the below thing which is mentioned on immigration website:

“Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.” Can VTU help me with such thing? Please help me.

• Fpaul
      Jun 26, 2014 @ 14:29:22

HI Sharada even my transcript is for WES, i suggest that you take and you resend it to WES with the payable DD. That is what i intend to do. That what my consultants advised me.

66. Fpaul
    Jun 26, 2014 @ 14:23:29

Its a Great blog to know all details. I have a doubt. my immigration to Canada is in process. they said to submit the Transcript where they say is a vice chancellor attested copies of all my sem markcard & provisional certificate in a sealed envelop. Is this true. for official transcript is it ok to provide thexerox of consolidated marks card or should i submit my each sem markcard

67. Sharad
    Jun 27, 2014 @ 22:08:28

Hi Suresh, you have not replied to my first query?? Please do so asap so that I can send it as soon as possible. Thanka n regards.

68. Sharad
    Jun 28, 2014 @ 14:46:21

Hi Fpaul, can you share your email id? I want to ask couple of things regarding Canada immigration…I am also planning to apply for the same.

69. Manasa
    Jun 29, 2014 @ 17:38:08

i have a query.My 8th sem results are out.now i feel to reject my 8th sem marks for better %. If i reject and rewrite,
    will the issue of my degree marks card get delayed???
    or will i receive it with my batchmates?? please reply .its urgent.

70. Ravi
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 11:40:10

Dear All
    Thanks for all the information shared …
    Just want to know whether Bangalore VTU Regional Office also gives Transcripts in Sealed envelope ?????
    Last week they informed that I have to approach VTU Belgaum for Transcripts in Sealed Envelope !!!!
    Any information pertaining to above confusion is highly appreciated
    Thanks!!!

71. Nitin
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 02:51:28

Awesome blog Suresh. Here is my experience after following the blog

First, I was able to get my VTU transcripts in 4 days. I emailed a requisition letter requesting to issue transcripts to my father in Bangalore and he approached the Bangalore Regional office and submitted a DD along with the requisition leter. Transcripts, in a sealed envelope, was issued on the 4th day at the Regional office, Bangalore. This was a real smooth experience and was much much faster than i thought it would be.

I had this couriered(DHL offers discounted rates if sent to educational institutes) to WES. WES showed very little love towards the original, official transcript in a sealed envelope and insisted on submitting “All marks sheets, attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office and to be in an official sealed envelope”. They also mention that they do NOT accept documents that are attested by any other person other than above mentioned.

Now i have to trouble my father to go to the Regional office again and submit for attested marks-sheets. I see a fee of Rs175/- on the VTU website but am not sure of the process. I am hoping it is the same as that for obtaining transcripts and praying it is just as smooth. All I have is 15 days before San Jose state university closes application window.

I see some queries regarding this but did not see any closing comments, Please let me know if any of you here got this already.

72. Priya
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 18:09:10

Hi, Even I am looking for sending transcripts to WES for obtaining ECA report. WES requires the marksheet transcripts and the provisional degree certificate attested inside a university sealed envelope. Please guide if someone had taken VTU transcripts and had got ECA report from WES.

73. Nitin
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 03:22:04

Follow up to my previous comment, I did apply for University attested marksheets by couriering all photocopies, DD(175/set, a set is for a total of ~10(not certain) marksheets, if u have more than 10 then there is an additional fee of 175) to VTU Belgaum. It takes about 7-10 working days to receive the attested and dated marksheets in a sealed envelope. Must say, VTU did a good job in this regards and process was smooth and quick(faster way is to go to Belgaum and get it the same day).
    I did send it out to WES and the document was accepted and processed.

Good luck folks and Thanks for the blog Suresh!

Jul 18, 2014 @ 03:23:30

Good job. Thank you so much for this update – Really appreciate. All the best!

• Ravi
      Jul 18, 2014 @ 18:43:38

Thanks Nitin for the informatiom . In addition to photocopies ( marksheets & degree) + DD (Rs.175/- per set) + Request letter (indicating my postal address) .. is there any other document / application form or envelope or proof I should send to VTU .. please inform
      Thanks… …

74. Nitin
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 23:04:51

Ravi,
    Thanks for mentioning the requisition letter, I forgot to mention that. There is no other form or application. There is an application form to get transcripts but NOT for marks-sheets attestation.

75. Deepak
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 12:00:23

Hi,
    Do they sent the Transcripts by normal post or by courier ? As it been 10 days i have sent my application form and I have not received the transcripts. Any way to track the status ?
    Please reply.

Thanks

76. travel personal blogbest personal travel blog sites
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 15:34:48

Under certain circumstances you may not want to rely
    on even the best Oaxaca has to offer. Huichol women typically wear delicately embroidered peasant dresses.
    Netflix has recently launched a Mexican version of
    its service, available to people who want to watch Netflix in Mexico.

77. sheetal
    Aug 09, 2014 @ 11:12:15

Hello suresh,

I haven’t received my 8th semester marks sheet yet and I want to apply for transcript. I have to submit my 8th sem marks card to get the transcript which I don’t have. Can I send the marks sheet which we get when the results has been announced or do I have to take statement of marks from the college and submit.

78. Deepak
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 11:49:18

Please advise on my above query.. I tried calling VTU belgaun evaluation office to get a status on my transcripts but they dont respond at all.. I sent my form on 24th July.. still I have not received it.. Please advise…

79. suprith
    Aug 16, 2014 @ 19:12:19

Thank you.

80. Ramesh
    Aug 20, 2014 @ 14:25:25

Hi suresh
    I just wanted to know that can I take DD which is taken by my friend for me… But he as put his name in applicant name in callan in sbi bank… will it be rejected!?

81. sahana
    Aug 21, 2014 @ 04:29:28

hey,
    i wanted the transcript,but the problem is i dnt hve my 7th sem marks card.is it okay,if i send the rest of the marks card.please do let me know